CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
TSJFan4Ever
JM130ELM
Supernova
RedBedroom
8 posters

Do you ever get anxiety over an important event?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you ever get anxiety over an important event?  Empty Do you ever get anxiety over an important event?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Do you ever feel overwhelmed when thinking about an important date on your calendar?

I sometimes do, and right now, am feeling so anxious over this Sunday. My God Daughter's Baptism is this Sunday. So it is our day to make it official. I am excited for it, but at the same time sweating every detail.

In my realistic mind, I know nobody is going to give a rat's ass what I look like or if I cry...but all I can think about is me! I know that is selfish, but I am worried about everything from if I will look bad in photos to if I will drop her. I despise that I am so worried. I am literally so stressed about this and feel so stupid.

The paternal side of the family is disgruntled that I am God Mother, so that adds to it. Plus, I ordered her gift in the mail, and that has yet to arrive...shouldn't be a big deal, but now I am even obsessing over that.

Ugh, thanks for "letting" me vent!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you ever get anxiety over an important event?  Empty Re: Do you ever get anxiety over an important event?

Post by Supernova Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:17 am

I try not to because I have a tendency to break out in coldsores all over my mouth which take a week or so to recover from and it's nonstop itching and burning and pain and can't touch them, have to wash your hands more than usual, and it's just a big mess and one thing they seem to thrive on is stress. If they ever come up with a cure for these things I will be SO happy.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Do you ever get anxiety over an important event?  Empty Re: Do you ever get anxiety over an important event?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:23 am

Oh, goodness, I am sorry that happens to you, but at the same time glad that doesn't happen to me due to that being another thing to worry about! My neck gets really red and blotchy in embarrassment/nervousness, so I feel ya.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:39 am

Yes. I had to train a class of new hires a few months ago. The day before, I couldn't relax. Speech was never one of my strong subjects in school.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:51 am

JM, I think you posted about that...such a rough thing to get over.

I am not normally so awkward about things....I just am feeling like I am going to be outwardly awkward Sunday. Yet I "know" I won't be...ugh, just love her to pieces, but want the whole deal to be over with already.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:30 am

Yeah - I do sometimes but it's not usually to bad, thankfully, as long as it doesn't involve public speaking.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:27 am

From time to time, I do; but I'm usually a mind over matter type of person and so I get through it. My sister completely buckles under her anxiety. She's not good under pressure at all, even when it comes to the simpliest tasks that she's capable of. When people are watching and [possibly] judging her, she falls apart.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:41 am

Sometimes but i overcome it. Never is it as bad as it seems or at least it doesnt HAVE to be. That much i know so i get thru it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:11 pm

Congrats on the honor Red. I'm sure you'll do fine. Just keep repeating this to yourself:

Don't fuck up
    Don't fuck up
    Don't fuck up

But try not to say it out loud big grin

I usually make mountains out of little mole hills. Thing is, when I do, the situation usually is resolved the way it's supposed to be. In my favor. But if I just assume that everything will go according to plan, that's when it rains shit.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:00 pm

For the most part, no. Because if it has anything to do with speaking in front of laaarge groups of people, I wouldn't be in the equation anyway.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Congrats on the honor Red. I'm sure you'll do fine. Just keep repeating this to yourself:

Don't fuck up
    Don't fuck up
    Don't fuck up

OMG, Alan, you never fail to make me laugh. Ironically, her God Father is someone who always makes me laugh. He is such a funny/fun guy. So, I am totally going to avoid him beforehand, so that there are no little jokes where eye contact would make me chuckle.

I am feeling less anxious now, actually. My "better half" and I are going through something and this morning he confirmed that he will be going. Even though I am really not a big fan of his right now, I love him very much and him being around for anything makes it easier. So, since he said he was going, and I am calmer, I think that had more to do with my anxiety than I realized.

Oh, and thanks for the congrats. She is a little doll.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:09 pm

RedBedroom wrote:JM, I think you posted about that...such a rough thing to get over.

It is but it's usually not as bad as you anticipate.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:44 am