CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Why are people lazy?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Why are people lazy? Empty Why are people lazy?

Post by femme fatale Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:53 am

Does anyone truly know?

I would have said that people are feeling "comfortable" and don't want to move, but then, doing nothing isn't comfortable to me. You need to shield yourself from the reality that you are not achieving anything and wasting your life.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Why are people lazy? Empty Re: Why are people lazy?

Post by Supernova Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:12 am

Well how lazy are we talking, are we talking about an every day kind of thing or an hour or two here and there?
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:28 am

Laziness, IMO, is mostly the result of how someone's parents raised them. They were either spoiled, or never had any strong expectations placed on them.

I once dated a guy once whose mother did everything for him. Paid his bills. Bought his food. Gave him an "allowance".

Not surprisingly, he was horrible at keeping a job and taking control of his own situations.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:44 am

Now see, my mother wouldn't know how to be lazy if she tried, I on the other hand think I could do it, but I doubt I would if I had the chance. I've been taught all my life to work and that's what I do, now, in comparison, I had a neighbor whose mother told my mother 'well that's how you raise YOUR kids, MY child is going to be a free spirit' and almost 20 years down the road, he went from paperboy which his mom did all the work for, to not having a job for a year or so because everybody in the town knows him and knows he's lazy, can't do anything right, has a bad attitude and steals, to finally becoming a dishwasher in a fast food place, and knowing that, I would never eat there.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:42 pm

Because they have nothing to do. Or want people to do everything for them. Basically I agree with what Nhaiyel said.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:43 pm

It does have a lot to do with how one was raised. I have actually seen different situations where a person was made to do a lot of work living at home, then in adulthood when they are on their own, rebel against that and get really lazy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:56 pm