CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Cheaps
CeCe
Shale
RedBedroom
Tony Marino
Supernova
femme fatale
13 posters

Waiting for tables

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Waiting for tables Empty Waiting for tables

Post by femme fatale Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Would you wait an hour or 2 for a table to open up? Is the food in any restaurant ever THAT good? I would just leave and next time call ahead and make reservations.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Waiting for tables Empty Re: Waiting for tables

Post by Supernova Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:28 pm

I don't go to restaurants like that, I hardly ever go to one but the only one I go to always has at least half of the tables and booths open.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:37 pm

The longest I would ever wait is an hour and that is if I really liked the restaurant. Any other time no I would just go somewhere else.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:52 pm

I don't make it a regular thing. The only time I really ever do it is if we dine with another couple who likes before dinner drinks. I don't like drinking alcohol before or with a meal, so if it is just us, I don't.

To me, a place that is so busy that I am waiting over an hour is probably not going to be a place that is conducive for good conversation for that long prior to dinner.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:42 pm

I've waited half an hour to 45 minutes at Olive Garden just because it is so popular and has rush hours. Just a couple days ago we went off time and got a table as soon as we hit the door.

Yeah, I will wait for less than an hour because it is one of the few restaurants where I enjoy the vegetarian choices and get red wine with my pasta.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Shale wrote:I've waited half an hour to 45 minutes at Olive Garden just because it is so popular and has rush hours. Just a couple days ago we went off time and got a table as soon as we hit the door.

Yeah, I will wait for less than an hour because it is one of the few restaurants where I enjoy the vegetarian choices and get red wine with my pasta.

Our one Olive Garden always has a long wait too. The shitty thing is, they have two booth sized benches for waiting. The other option is to sit at the bar, but that only has about 15 stools, in a compact area with pup tables for people who are eating. So, not ideal at all for waiting.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:58 pm

I've done it but the food is really good. But in the future I'm calling way ahead. I don't mind the 30 minute wait so much but the the 2 hour wait is brutal.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:05 pm

ive never waited 2 hrs

but this place im takin my fren for drinks tonight, usually has about a 30/45 min wait.. and they dont take advanced reservations. i dont mind the wait tho, cuz happy hour are $2 margs, and they are SO GOOD AN STRONG! i can have 2 an be good, plus their food is good too, the best mexican restaurant in town. i can sip on delish marg while waitin for my table big grin
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:07 pm

femme fatale wrote:Would you wait an hour or 2 for a table to open up? Is the food in any restaurant ever THAT good? I would just leave and next time call ahead and make reservations.

The food at The Door is. But I still wouldn't wait that long. If I reeealllly wanted it and nothing else and had the time, they get an hour. That's it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:57 pm

no not 2 hours.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:39 pm

cheaps wrote:ive never waited 2 hrs

but this place im takin my fren for drinks tonight, usually has about a 30/45 min wait.. and they dont take advanced reservations. i dont mind the wait tho, cuz happy hour are $2 margs, and they are SO GOOD AN STRONG! i can have 2 an be good, plus their food is good too, the best mexican restaurant in town. i can sip on delish marg while waitin for my table big grin

$2 marguritas? Even on special days nobody has them that cheap around here. I am in total envy right now!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:07 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
    cheaps wrote:ive never waited 2 hrs

$2 marguritas? Even on special days nobody has them that cheap around here. I am in total envy right now!

Dang, im sorry.. u know wat, they used to $1.50, til a couple years ago.. i was so annoyed when they added that extra .50.. but o well, $2 is still cheap.

O! and another reason they are so cheap is cuz they come in small 8 or 12 oz plastic cups, not sure which. but like i said they are strong!

ill be enjoying one soon, in bout 1 hour imma be like, "blended no salt please" big grin

Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:50 pm

I wouldn't wait longer than 30 minutes for a table and even that would make me crazy.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:05 pm

I'd probably just call ahead and make reservations if the place was that busy. I think the longest I've waited was 45 minutes but we didn't know how busy it would be when we went. Otherwise, we'd have just called ahead.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:11 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:I'd probably just call ahead and make reservations if the place was that busy. I think the longest I've waited was 45 minutes but we didn't know how busy it would be when we went. Otherwise, we'd have just called ahead.

I wish I had that night. But I really wanted that steak & they're one of the few places that can cook it right. But I learned the hard way to always call ahead.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:07 am

Y'all got more patience than I do. I'd sooner say bump it and go to Wendy's before I sat for an hour waiting for a table to open, no matter how 4* the place is! LOL
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:27 pm

You can cross me off the list of people who might be able to provide an answer, because I usually won't wait. If I do, then it had better be a damn good restaurant (one that I ate it previously to attest to the fact.) I'm not waiting longer than 10 minutes for a table at Red Lobster, Outbacks or Olive Garden. Forget that.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:00 pm

One to two hours would be too long for me to wait for a table. I would probably leave and try another restaurant.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:16 am