CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
GrayWolf
TPP
Verve
rienpoet
Supernova
Impact
Shale
Nystyle709
Chris
13 posters

Would you rather live in a large or small house?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Would you rather live in a large or small house? Empty Would you rather live in a large or small house?

Post by Chris Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:28 am

What's your size preference when it comes to a home. Do you like spacious, multi-levels, complete with an attic, basement and large backyard; or do you prefer a more compact, medium or smaller sized home, with just one level?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Would you rather live in a large or small house? Empty Re: Would you rather live in a large or small house?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:53 am

I would want something I can manage and afford. Even if I could afford a mansion....I prob. wouldn't live in one. I don't really care for the idea of having to pay someone to constantly keep that bad boy clean. I'd want to live in a house that I could keep clean myself. Anywhere from 2000 to 4000 sq ft is a nice size to me.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Would you rather live in a large or small house? Empty Re: Would you rather live in a large or small house?

Post by Shale Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:00 am

I live in a one-room efficiency and I prefer that. It is less than 400 sq. feet.

I hate housework so it is easy enuf to maintain. Also, I like everything being in one place - accessible.

Here is a tour of my place.

[youtube][/youtube]
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:04 am

My place has just one level, with a basement and a large backyard. I'm not that big a fan of houses with an upstairs. Don't need all that extra space for dust and dirt to settle.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:26 am

I prefer a larger house, we're one of the few on the block that's a two story house, and after all this time I can't imagine living in a small one story place.
    rienpoet
    rienpoet
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by rienpoet Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:46 am

I like open space. My choice, if I could afford it, would be a house surrounded with a huge garden. One floor only, two floor would be the maximum, but only if there was a balcony with it. Small living room, big dining room, big sleeping room and huge kitchen.

For the moment, I live in a city, no balcony, big living room, small sleeping room and a big kitchen. Well, at least, I have a big kitchen. I am satisfied.
    Verve
    Verve
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by Verve Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:55 pm

I used to want to live in a large house, it's how I was brought up. Now that I'm older, I've become fond of smaller dwellings. I found a large house made me want to fill it with stuff, usually extra crap I don't need. I now live in a medium sized condominium (3 bed, living room, kitchen, bath) and find it's pretty damn roomy, almost too roomy (I am single). I find I spend most of the time in one room, I use the other room for my bicycles.

I'm intrigued by small dwellings. I think I want to go smaller, minimalist as hell.

Living in a small space can make it difficult to entertain company, so I can't really get much smaller, but still, to me, the large house seems so "outdated", but I tend to be odd like that. I'm not a good consumer and I don't like accumulating lots of things.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:01 pm

our house is really small, 1170 sq ft, 3 bdrms, 1.5 baths for 7 people.

I like it. I do wish we had one more bedroom, one more bathroom and more storage but I don't wish for more "space" or anything like that. I just want my kids to stop fighting really.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:04 pm

Verve wrote:...I find I spend most of the time in one room, I use the other room for my bicycles...
    If I had a second room, it would just be to get the bicycles out of the way. Still, it is pretty convenient just stowing them inside the front door.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:25 pm

Large house. I want one with wings. That is a "summer wing" or a "winter wing" that I use just during those times. I would like to have to use a golf cart or Segway to get around. I also would like to have dumbwaiters installed. Ideally the Overlook Hotel from the movie "The Shining" would fit the bill, especially with the creep factor built in.

I live in a 1500 sq ft detached two story and it is big enough for a family, yet small enough for empty nesting when that time comes. It also close to downtown and the lake and to restaurants making it doubleplusgood. In this way I manage my disappointment at not having 'wings'.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:45 pm

For now, my one-bedroom apartment is fine but when I have a family, I'd like a medium-sized house with a large backyard.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:13 am

For me, the importance of home size depends largely on the party living there. If it's only me, then two bedrooms (one for me to sleep, and the other for me to store things) is fine. If I had kids, or a family living with me, then that would be another story.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:26 am

If I could afford a large house, I would prefer that.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:55 pm

I prefer a smaller house. It's less upkeep, less cleaning, etc. I personally don't see a need for a large house unless your the OctoMom and have about two-thousand kids running around.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:03 pm