CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Nystyle709
rienpoet
TPP
Chris
8 posters

Someone else taking credit for something you did.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Someone else taking credit for something you did. Empty Someone else taking credit for something you did.

Post by Chris Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:19 am

Has anyone ever taken credit for something you did? Did they get away with it, or were their lies exposed?
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Someone else taking credit for something you did. Empty Re: Someone else taking credit for something you did.

Post by TPP Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Yes, they have, and no, they were not exposed. It's never been a HUGE thing though...And actually I think what it really is, is that there are idea people and action people. I'm an idea person. So more so than someone someone taking credit for something that I DID, I have told people my ideas and then they have taken action on them and not given me credit for the idea.
    rienpoet
    rienpoet
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Someone else taking credit for something you did. Empty Re: Someone else taking credit for something you did.

Post by rienpoet Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Hmh...to think about it, never. I normally try to make other people think that my idea is their idea. I don't have to stand on the spot light to get what I want done.

Except my stories and poems. If somebody stole them, then I'd be fierce and merciless.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:12 pm

I can't remember exactly. Possibly.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:14 am

YES!!! This is going to make me sound so stupid...because I was...

In 2005, I was very new to taking digital photos, with zero thought to watermarking, but loved it so much, and a writer for a Motocross magazine asked me if I had any photos from an event he wrote about. I did...in fact, I had a few really good ones. I was thrilled and honored he asked, and emailed to him my best, excitedly. I thought for sure I would get at least photo credit for mine, if used. Well, we get the mag., and the issue came, and I saw MY PHOTO...I was crazy happy...until I saw the photo credit...not me, but him...

There was nothing I could do about it then. Now, I see the ass a few times a year, and when he is around me, we both have our cameras around our necks (he does his own photos "supposedly" now) and I always make a comment about how we should stand in different track sections as we "both take identical photos."
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:37 am

Yup and no she wasn't exposed. BAck when I was doing the Educaitno Program, before I changed majors, I was assigned to the classroom of this really...well - she's nothing you'd want in your child's first grade teacher. She wasn't warm or friendly but was harsh and dull and boring. Everything about her was harsh - her hair colour, her appearnace, her teaching style. Her classroom was dull and boring and while she was decent to the kids, she wouldn't hug them or respond with any affection. Anyway, I was to take over part of the teacher after spring break. Over the break, I transformed the classroom and filled it with colour - pictures, artwork, decorations, and all the other things typical in a normal primary classroom. The kids came in after the break and everyone - kids and parents - were gushing about the beautiful classroom and what a wonderful job the teacher had done. With me standing right there, she took the credit. I was too young and naive and too worried about failing my practicum to say anything.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:50 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Yup and no she wasn't exposed. BAck when I was doing the Educaitno Program, before I changed majors, I was assigned to the classroom of this really...well - she's nothing you'd want in your child's first grade teacher. She wasn't warm or friendly but was harsh and dull and boring. Everything about her was harsh - her hair colour, her appearnace, her teaching style. Her classroom was dull and boring and while she was decent to the kids, she wouldn't hug them or respond with any affection. Anyway, I was to take over part of the teacher after spring break. Over the break, I transformed the classroom and filled it with colour - pictures, artwork, decorations, and all the other things typical in a normal primary classroom. The kids came in after the break and everyone - kids and parents - were gushing about the beautiful classroom and what a wonderful job the teacher had done. With me standing right there, she took the credit. I was too young and naive and too worried about failing my practicum to say anything.

Oh, Hon, you are such a sweetie, and that makes me so sad that it happened to you.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:56 am

I can't think of an example where it happened to me at least for anything important. I don't know if I would blow the whistle if I couldn't "prove" it was my idea. I know I wouldn't give the thief anything to steal in the future. Now, if someone tried to blame me for something I didn't do or for something they did? Oh yeah I'm saying something. They'll also ptobably learn that I don't get mad. I don't get even. I get way ahead.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:08 am

RedBedroom wrote:
    TSJFan4Ever wrote:Yup and no she wasn't exposed. BAck when I was doing the Educaitno Program, before I changed majors, I was assigned to the classroom of this really...well - she's nothing you'd want in your child's first grade teacher. She wasn't warm or friendly but was harsh and dull and boring. Everything about her was harsh - her hair colour, her appearnace, her teaching style. Her classroom was dull and boring and while she was decent to the kids, she wouldn't hug them or respond with any affection. Anyway, I was to take over part of the teacher after spring break. Over the break, I transformed the classroom and filled it with colour - pictures, artwork, decorations, and all the other things typical in a normal primary classroom. The kids came in after the break and everyone - kids and parents - were gushing about the beautiful classroom and what a wonderful job the teacher had done. With me standing right there, she took the credit. I was too young and naive and too worried about failing my practicum to say anything.

Oh, Hon, you are such a sweetie, and that makes me so sad that it happened to you.

That is a great example of a really shitty thing for someone to do. I'm sorry you were taken advantage of. At least you know that you can bring your enthusiasm and creativity with you wherever you go. She doesn't have yours anymore. I probably couldn't have resisted asking her, "Oh yes it looks wonderful! Where did you get the idea for this and how did you make that? I'm sorry I won't be around to see what you come up with next time!"
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:08 am

RedBedroom wrote:...There was nothing I could do about it then. ...
    I would have let him know that he did wrong by taking credit for your copyrighted work. (It is your work, you have copyright to it even if unregistered). I would have then let the publisher of the mag know that a "mistake" in attribution took place (which could have been the case - it happened to me when a nudist friend sent one of my fotos to a mag and it was attributed to her). Even if nothing was done about it the parties would know this guy was a plegiarist and a thief.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:33 am

Shale wrote:
    RedBedroom wrote:...There was nothing I could do about it then. ...
    I would have let him know that he did wrong by taking credit for your copyrighted work. (It is your work, you have copyright to it even if unregistered). I would have then let the publisher of the mag know that a "mistake" in attribution took place (which could have been the case - it happened to me when a nudist friend sent one of my fotos to a mag and it was attributed to her). Even if nothing was done about it the parties would know this guy was a plegiarist and a thief.

Yeah, Shale I should have done that. I was such a novice at all of that then. That would NEVER happen today.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:23 am