CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Hoover to ABC for canceling soaps: You suck!

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Hoover to ABC for canceling soaps: You suck! Empty Hoover to ABC for canceling soaps: You suck!

Post by Tony Marino Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:37 am

by Lynette Rice

Hoover to ABC for canceling soaps: You suck! Susan-Lucci-Erika-Slezak_320

Image Credit: Everett Collection; Mathew Imaging/FilmMagic.com

Hoover stood up with irate fans today by announcing that it will yank advertising from ABC in light of the net’s decision to cancel All My Children and One Life to Live. On the vacuum company’s Facebook page,
    vice president of marketing Brian Kirkendall said “we hear you loud and
    clear” and plans to discontinue advertising with ABC this Friday.
    “We’re making every attempt to pull our spots from these programs
    sooner,” Kirkendall said. “Because we feel that’s not enough, we also
    want to help get your voice heard with ABC. So, we’ve set up a special
    email address, SaveTheSoaps@Hoover.com, to help pull together the mass
    emotional outpouring of support for our beloved ABC soaps and get it to
    our contacts at ABC. Please, send your emails to us at
    SaveTheSoaps@Hoover.com, and we’ll get every, single last one of them to
    ABC.”
    A sponsor launching a save our show campaign? That’s pretty unique (though Subway jumped on the Save Chuck
    bandwagon with its finale and footlong campaign). And it certainly
    makes for good PR, though all it will do is back up ABC’s claim that
    there’s no money in airing soaps. The enormous costs of maintaining old
    (and many think outdated) daytime sudsers was the primary reason behind
    the network’s decision to yank the two shows. One less advertiser will
    only bolster the net’s decision, though it should certainly help
    Hoover collect a few more friends on Facebook!
    No word from ABC, for now. Meanwhile, passionate fans have not given up hope. Petition, anyone?
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Hoover to ABC for canceling soaps: You suck! Empty Re: Hoover to ABC for canceling soaps: You suck!

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:31 am

Good for Hoover! I want to see ABC plummet in ratings for all of their shows. When GH let Chad Brannon go, their ratings went from 3.5 his final week to 2.9 the week after he was gone. At the time, it was their lowest rating ever. I want to see ABC at the bottom of the ratings and for this to REALLY hurt them. I hope both shows they're replacing the soaps with are HUGE failures.

I don't need a new vacuum cleaner right now, but I'll give serious thought to a Hoover when I do need one. If they're support us like this, I can certainly look into their product when I need a new vacuum cleaner.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Hoover to ABC for canceling soaps: You suck! Empty Re: Hoover to ABC for canceling soaps: You suck!

Post by Tony Marino Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:29 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Good for Hoover! I want to see ABC plummet in ratings for all of their shows. When GH let Chad Brannon go, their ratings went from 3.5 his final week to 2.9 the week after he was gone. At the time, it was their lowest rating ever. I want to see ABC at the bottom of the ratings and for this to REALLY hurt them. I hope both shows they're replacing the soaps with are HUGE failures.

I don't need a new vacuum cleaner right now, but I'll give serious thought to a Hoover when I do need one. If they're support us like this, I can certainly look into their product when I need a new vacuum cleaner.

Funny thing is that I do have a Hoover vac, have had it for years and it works great!
    Vampire Mum
    Vampire Mum
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by Vampire Mum Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:41 am

They are putting more cooking shows in the soaps place,as if we need any more
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:14 am

I guess ABC is too stupid to realize we have cooking shows on something called THE FOOD CHANNEL. If I want a cooking show, that's where I turn. ABC is giving me more reason to tune out. If the soaps go, there really won't be much reason for me to watch ABC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:32 pm