CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Strait-Jacket w/Joan Crawford

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Strait-Jacket w/Joan Crawford Empty Strait-Jacket w/Joan Crawford

Post by Supernova Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Here's another one to throw into the William Castle pile, this one really had me ready to crawl out of my skin the first time I saw it:

Anybody else seen this one? One of Castle's rare films where he didn't need a theater gimmick, because he had Crawford to sell it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Strait-Jacket w/Joan Crawford Empty Re: Strait-Jacket w/Joan Crawford

Post by Tony Marino Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:17 pm

I saw this one for the first time a few years ago. The one scene that sticks out in my mind is when Joan was sitting at the table I think with her daughter's future in-laws and she had that dress on that she has on in the trailer. I don't know what they asked her but she finally reached the breaking point and stood up and screamed out "Yes I was in an Asylum" I suppose at the time of its release that was pretty shocking but to me it drove me mad with laughter the way she came out with it. I did enjoy the film though and I kind of figured it out before the ending who was the killer.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:23 pm

I think the inlaws were inquiring why they'd never seen her before and she tried to make it out as she was sick and in a sanitarium but the mother in law kept pushing and said 'it wasn't a sanitarium, was it?' that drove Joan to the breaking point.

This is actually the only movie I like Joan Crawford in, I don't know about anyone else, this was the only one where I could really find any sympathy for her character.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Supernova wrote:I think the inlaws were inquiring why they'd never seen her before and she tried to make it out as she was sick and in a sanitarium but the mother in law kept pushing and said 'it wasn't a sanitarium, was it?' that drove Joan to the breaking point.

This is actually the only movie I like Joan Crawford in, I don't know about anyone else, this was the only one where I could really find any sympathy for her character.

I liked her in it too but there were a few other movies she was in that were really good, Mildred Pierce was one of my favorites.
    Rainmaker
    Rainmaker
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Rainmaker Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:03 am

Love when Joan dances after she gets all dolled up and strikes the record with her match to light her cigarette.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:27 am

Loved when the daughter was dressed as her and jumped out of the closet!

I really liked Whatever happened to Baby Jane. She and Bette Davis had a life long rivalry--- after joan crawford had died, bette davis actually said something like "the only good thing i can say about joan is that she is dead". they hated eachother

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 11:15 pm