CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

OLTL MAY BE SAVED????

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

OLTL MAY BE SAVED???? Empty OLTL MAY BE SAVED????

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:45 am

There's an interesting rumor on Soap Central today about Sony negotiating to
    buy AMC and OLTL. Here's the details:

Sony almost got outed today when stories surfaced about their negotiations
    with AMC and OLTL actors. They saved it by suggesting that they were going to
    put them on DAYS and Y&R. Yesterday NBC/Universal exec was quoted with
    saying how the soaps cancelled by ABC still commanded good ratings and that
    several other competitors were hoping to pick up some of them-all NBC Universal
    network and cable networks. More to come! Sony is buying AMC and OLTL from ABC
    for around 200 million. Based on ABC's most recent net profit from the shows, it
    will only take two years to recoup this investment by Sony. NBC is now owned by
    Comcast who profits greatly as a leader in online viewing of television. January
    2011 numbers showed Days of our Lives as #8 in total online streams over ALL tv
    shows available online. That is including primetime and whatever else. Comcast
    is willing to air the soaps in the afternoon on NBC after Days in order to also
    show them online on Comcast. Sony, knowing that AMC and OLTL have never been
    marketed in foreign countries, knows the money they will make from selling them
    abroad. It is a win-win deal for everybody involved. NBC just gave Days a multi
    year renewal on their 45th anniversary in NOV. 2010. They are pleased with the
    profitability Days has been providing, along with the viewer loyalty that a 45
    year scripted drama commands. They are in rebuilding mode after Jeff Zucker and
    need revenue and loyal viewership to jump start the network into regaining it's
    glory. As both the cancelled soaps made money and were not cancelled because
    they didn't, NBC is anxious to take them on. Esp. when Sony will pay the upfront
    costs and all NBC will have to do is pay a licensing fee.
    For more, read the posts on the Soap
    Central discussion
    by Thom Blake.

http://boards.soapcentral.com/showthread.php?700233-Sony-Deal-to-buy-AMC-and-OLTL-from-ABC-nothing-new-but-top-secret
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

OLTL MAY BE SAVED???? Empty Re: OLTL MAY BE SAVED????

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:03 pm

I have trouble believing AMC will be saved with it's current ratings being low. But OLTL has hope if it continues it's uptick.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:32 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I have trouble believing AMC will be saved with it's current ratings being low. But OLTL has hope if it continues it's uptick.

I hope so I am having difficulty detaching myself from the show.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Not to be pessimistic, but I won't believe it until it's officially announced. When GL and ATWT were cancelled, similar rumors made waves. They said P&G were shopping them to other networks, like Lifetime. They said ATWT in particular had additional "options" to continue. NBC was so flip about doing away with soaps that I have a hard time believing they would be interested in picking up ABC's now. If it happens that's great, but I can't get my hopes up about anything until it's final.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:16 am

I haven't been to SOC in over a year now. Is this "source" reliable???
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:44 am

It would be interesting if it happened, but I'm not going to hold my breathe. As Jason said, I've been down this route with GL and nothing came of it. It would be great, though.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:09 am

Kral wrote:I haven't been to SOC in over a year now. Is this "source" reliable???

Beats me, I only passed on what I saw but why would they publish it if it didn't have a little truth in it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:23 pm