CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
RobbieFTW
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
7 posters

The light goes on...unexpected moments of clarity

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

The light goes on...unexpected moments of clarity Empty The light goes on...unexpected moments of clarity

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Have you ever had epiphanies where the solution to a problem or situation just pops into your head when you're not even racking your brain about it at the time? Maybe you're just lying in bed or walking the dog and suddenly there it is? Or maybe you just suddenly understand what that Far Side cartoon meant or finally understood the punchline to a joke (What's grey and comes in quarts...an elephant).
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

The light goes on...unexpected moments of clarity Empty Re: The light goes on...unexpected moments of clarity

Post by Nystyle709 Mon May 02, 2011 3:05 am

All the time.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

The light goes on...unexpected moments of clarity Empty Re: The light goes on...unexpected moments of clarity

Post by RobbieFTW Mon May 02, 2011 9:05 am

Sometimes I have dreams that give me a flicker of light shed on whatever.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon May 02, 2011 9:59 am

RobbieFTW wrote:Sometimes I have dreams that give me a flicker of light shed on whatever.
    I've actually had stuff revealed in dreams. Also, those AHA moments occasionally happen.

I've even written essays that just flowed out as fast as I could type - like inspired. Love when that happens, that I can go along for the ride instead of driving with many false turns.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon May 02, 2011 10:54 am

I call them "Duh!" moments. Have them on a regular basis.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue May 03, 2011 12:53 am

yes that happens to me alot!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Yeah, very often! In fact, just had one. I have been stressing over the fact that a family asked to come here for my birthday weekend. I didn't mind them doing one night here, but two, I was not up for. So I was totally stressed about it.

So, while rolling the garbage cans out tonight, I thought, "hmm, I will just tell them my son has something Friday and so they would only be able to come Saturday." I despise lying, but I do so this time. So I wouldn't have to have them here all weekend. But the stupid, shitty part is that I will have to tell my son that he has to assist me in the lie. That wasn't cool. But this person asked me about it last weekend and I got out of it thinking June 12 was Father's Day. So, using the "son popped something on me" was an easy go to. There is a reason I don't lie....
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 03, 2011 10:02 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Yeah, very often! In fact, just had one. I have been stressing over the fact that a family asked to come here for my birthday weekend. I didn't mind them doing one night here, but two, I was not up for. So I was totally stressed about it.

So, while rolling the garbage cans out tonight, I thought, "hmm, I will just tell them my son has something Friday and so they would only be able to come Saturday." I despise lying, but I do so this time. So I wouldn't have to have them here all weekend. But the stupid, shitty part is that I will have to tell my son that he has to assist me in the lie. That wasn't cool. But this person asked me about it last weekend and I got out of it thinking June 12 was Father's Day. So, using the "son popped something on me" was an easy go to. There is a reason I don't lie....

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
    — Mark Twain
    Wink
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Alan, I despise lying...I don't feel good about this at all! In my mind, I am justifying it as two summers ago, they screwed me by calling at 8 at night on "their way through" to get a hotel recommendation.

I had been cleaning the garage all night, the house was a mess and I cleaned liked a mad woman for 15 minutes before they got here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:13 am