CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

People who watch movies but don't read fiction

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

People who watch movies but don't read fiction Empty People who watch movies but don't read fiction

Post by Supernova Sun May 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Exactly what is the logic to that?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

People who watch movies but don't read fiction Empty Re: People who watch movies but don't read fiction

Post by Shale Sun May 01, 2011 8:28 pm

I don't understand. I like to watch movies. I don't particularly like to read books outside of researching a point (The Web being a quick source for that).

How is one related to the other?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

People who watch movies but don't read fiction Empty Re: People who watch movies but don't read fiction

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 01, 2011 9:10 pm

Shale wrote:I don't understand. I like to watch movies. I don't particularly like to read books outside of researching a point (The Web being a quick source for that).

How is one related to the other?
    co-signs The two activies are unrelated.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun May 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Well movies are usually just as much fiction as fiction novels, in fact the novels is where a lot of the movies come from, so why would people want to spend their time on one and not the other?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon May 02, 2011 12:48 am

Supernova wrote:Well movies are usually just as much fiction as fiction novels, in fact the novels is where a lot of the movies come from, so why would people want to spend their time on one and not the other?
    It is just the entertainment medium that I enjoy.

I get the basic story with editing perhaps, but also get the scenery, costumes and pretty faces to say the lines. I could get all that from a book using my imagination and I have on rare occasion done so. Read a lot of Nero Wolf in India and Jaws in Afghanistan. But I'd rather watch a movie.

I also don't go to plays - unless they make a movie of it. I enjoyed Romeo & Juliet, The Phantom of the Opera and Sweeney Todd in their motion picture encarnation.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon May 02, 2011 2:41 am

Supernova wrote:Well movies are usually just as much fiction as fiction novels, in fact the novels is where a lot of the movies come from, so why would people want to spend their time on one and not the other?

The two mediums are just different. Shale notwithstanding, do you find it strange that some people enjoy the live performance of a play but not an opera? They're both live performances that tell a story but they're not the same thing. Some people don't enjoy reading for a variety of reasons and, although not as many (I think), some would rather read a book. There's no contradiction.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Mon May 02, 2011 3:27 pm

It's not the question of the century, some people just like movies more than books, not a huge mystery.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 03, 2011 9:40 pm

Supernova, I think that you forget a lot of the time that not everyone loves to hold an book and read as much as you do. I am not saying this in a bitchy way, just as a matter of fact.

I love to read, but am not much into fiction. If I want a tale, I will watch a movie, no matter how nonsensical, while I do something else, like read a non-fiction book (yeah, I can do both, though the details of the movie are lost on me in part) or do crafts or cook or monkey around online.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed May 04, 2011 1:13 am

RedBedroom wrote:Supernova, I think that you forget a lot of the time that not everyone loves to hold an book and read as much as you do. I am not saying this in a bitchy way, just as a matter of fact.

I love to read, but am not much into fiction. If I want a tale, I will watch a movie, no matter how nonsensical, while I do something else, like read a non-fiction book (yeah, I can do both, though the details of the movie are lost on me in part) or do crafts or cook or monkey around online.

I should've been more clear in the original message. Quite a bit I come across people who love movies, and they love to read non-fiction, so it's not a matter of they don't like stories that aren't real, or that they don't read, but they won't touch fiction books, why? I can't see any sense in that.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed May 04, 2011 1:40 am

You just need to realize that some readers do not want to take the time to read fiction.

Of all the people who take the time to pick up a book, a lot do not want to read fiction.

Most readers will look at big screen adaptions of fictional stories as the only medium the will ever be privy to the story....that is fine...
    To each his own.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:15 am