CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
2xy
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
CeCe
Chris
9 posters

Pregnant women and special parking privileges.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Pregnant women and special parking privileges. Empty Pregnant women and special parking privileges.

Post by Chris Tue May 03, 2011 8:00 am

Do you think that pregnant women should be granted parking permits to park in handicap spaces?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Pregnant women and special parking privileges. Empty Re: Pregnant women and special parking privileges.

Post by CeCe Tue May 03, 2011 8:19 am

Not in handicap spaces, no. I drug my extra 50 pounds 44 inch waist ass out of the car in August back in the day. It was uncomfortable. I was miserable & I dealt with it because it goes with the territory. Got no problem with those "expectant mother" spaces some businesses have even though they get abused in the same way as the handicap ones. But I'd hate to see some poor old lady or man who can barely get around have to walk halfway across the parking lot because of the sheer number of pregnant women constantly taking up those spaces.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Pregnant women and special parking privileges. Empty Re: Pregnant women and special parking privileges.

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Well, I've seen 'pregnancy' parking spaces in parking lots before, so no. There are already spaces available for them.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 05, 2011 3:27 pm

A spot or two in a lot is fine, but no parking permits.
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Thu May 05, 2011 3:43 pm

I think it depends upon the pregnancy. If the woman is suffering a difficult or problem pregnancy where she should be limiting the amount of time she spends on her feet, then I think she should qualify for a handicap permit. But she should have to apply for it like all the other handicapped people. It's not a given just because she's pregnant. Pregnancy, it itself, is not a disability. Pregnancy in combination with lupus, or horrendous varicose veins, or a separated pubic bone....well, that's a disability.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Thu May 05, 2011 4:31 pm

If they were giving them out, I'd probably take one but it wouldn't be something I'd push for. Pregnant women aren't handicapped, and can still move about much easier than someone who is bound to a wheelchair.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Sat May 07, 2011 5:47 pm

2xy wrote:I think it depends upon the pregnancy. If the woman is suffering a difficult or problem pregnancy where she should be limiting the amount of time she spends on her feet, then I think she should qualify for a handicap permit. But she should have to apply for it like all the other handicapped people. It's not a given just because she's pregnant. Pregnancy, it itself, is not a disability. Pregnancy in combination with lupus, or horrendous varicose veins, or a separated pubic bone....well, that's a disability.

I agree it should depend on the pregnancy and if the woman is having difficulties.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun May 08, 2011 2:07 am

Not in handicapped spaces but in family spaces or spaces for expentant/new mothers, depending on how far along she is. I have no problem with spaces like that being set aside.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun May 08, 2011 1:43 pm

Chris wrote:Do you think that pregnant women should be granted parking permits to park in handicap spaces?

In most cases, no. If she has an unusually difficult pregnancy, then I think she should try to get a handicapped license and be allowed to park in those spaces, but if you're an average woman with an average pregnancy, then you need to park somewhere else like everybody else does. In healthy circumstances, pregnancy is not a handicap. What if someone in a wheelchair couldn't get in a handicap space because a healthy pregnant woman's car was there?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:21 am