CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for?

(Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? Empty Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri May 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Lady GaGa has got to be the most offensive musical plagiarist since Vanilla Ice. But that aside, she gets away with doing the same antics that Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Janet Jackson and others are ridiculed for.

Why? Is it the ageist society? Is it America's short attention span?

I don't understand the double standard.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? Empty Re: Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for?

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri May 06, 2011 5:53 pm

It's America's short attention span or easily distracted moral codes. lol Don't worry. I will happily lump all of those artist into the same negative category! BORING! FORGIVENESS MAN Smile
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? Empty Re: Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for?

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Obviously the woman has talent and people don't seem to care what she does as long as they get more of GAGA Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 273237
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:It's America's short attention span or easily distracted moral codes. lol Don't worry. I will happily lump all of those artist into the same negative category! BORING! Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 147467 Smile

Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 924153 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 371458
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri May 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Obviously the woman has talent and people don't seem to care what she does as long as they get more of GAGA Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 273237

Let's leave her questionable "talent" out of this.

Why is Madonna crucified at the media for wearing revealing clothing when Lady GaGa isn't? Why is Lady GaGa praised for being political when Madonna is blacklisted on the radio?

Why is Christina Aguilera destroyed by the media for making a Madonna-inspired video (which she admitted was meant to be a tribute) when Lady GaGa rips of Madonna repeatedly in her videos and gets smoke blown up her ass?

People seem to be bending over backwards to kiss this woman's ass and then are quick to destroy the people who made her. As if Alejandro doesn't have Ace of Base's melody and Janet Jackson's choreography. And if Born This Way isn't a direct rip-off of Express Yourself and her costuming directly taken out of Grace Jones's closet.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 06, 2011 6:07 pm

I understand what your saying and I do see your points here. Madonna was from a different era this is a new century so things are more liberal in music videos and Madonna helped pave the way for that!

Christina Aguilera, people just don't seem to like her, I don't know what it is about her but she just dosen't seem to click. Look at her performance in Burlesque, outstanding!! I happen to like her music but maybe petty jealousy is the problem here.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri May 06, 2011 6:13 pm

But I think Aguilera also kind of has the right to be jealous. GaGa came out looking exactly like her-- right down to the long blonde hair with the severe bangs. I will totally admit that Bionic SUCKED. Horrible record from start to finish. But she gets so much shit for doing things that GaGa is loved for. I don't understand.

And I think a big part of this is ageism. America is a very ageist society, particularly when it comes to women. I mean, Blondie's last record was largely ignored. I don't understand why the last Duran Duran album wasn't a huge success. It's a great record, it's been praised by critics and the fans are in love with it. But it just gets ignored by radio and television who seem to have a problem with rock dinosaurs. It was happening to Tina Turner, too, but she retired just in time to say that her solo career was rock solid.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Also think about it, there has not been a pop Icon Diva since Madonna and I guess GAGA just came along at the right time to give music lovers what they have been missing. I don't agree with all of her style but I do think GAGA is very talented.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri May 06, 2011 6:17 pm

The trailblazers always suffer more bumps and bruises because they chart more unfamiliar territory. MC Hammer got called out for being too commercial because he endorsed sneakers and Taco Bell....now rappers have their own sitcoms. Anytime anything hasn't been done or isn't that common, people are skeptical and hate on it. I bet if Gaga put out a SEX book, she wouldn't be crucified for it as much as Madonna was. But another reason I think is because Gaga is still a relatively new kid on the block and so people just roll with her because they see her as something new, fresh and exciting. If she manages to stick around for the long haul, she'll rack up more critics and haters....when you become too familiar, people start to turn.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Rockbird wrote:But I think Aguilera also kind of has the right to be jealous. GaGa came out looking exactly like her-- right down to the long blonde hair with the severe bangs. I will totally admit that Bionic SUCKED. Horrible record from start to finish. But she gets so much shit for doing things that GaGa is loved for. I don't understand.

And I think a big part of this is ageism. America is a very ageist society, particularly when it comes to women. I mean, Blondie's last record was largely ignored. I don't understand why the last Duran Duran album wasn't a huge success. It's a great record, it's been praised by critics and the fans are in love with it. But it just gets ignored by radio and television who seem to have a problem with rock dinosaurs. It was happening to Tina Turner, too, but she retired just in time to say that her solo career was rock solid.

No I don't mean Christina is jealous, I think people in the industry are jealous of her because she is talented and she is Blonde LOL.

Hey Stevie Nicks has a new song out and its completely ignored by the public. Its not that great but it deserves some recognition.

I think someone like Tina Turner could come out of retirement and make a big comeback. Her style of singing and her voice is just timeless.

I don't know about the ageist theory, look at groups like Led Zepplin, the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, they still sell out and they are older then Madonna and GAGA and Christina!!!!!!!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri May 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Forgiveness Man wrote:It's America's short attention span or easily distracted moral codes. lol Don't worry. I will happily lump all of those artist into the same negative category! BORING! Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 147467 Smile

Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 924153 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 371458

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Marc™️ wrote:The trailblazers always suffer more bumps and bruises because they chart more unfamiliar territory. MC Hammer got called out for being too commercial because he endorsed sneakers and Taco Bell....now rappers have their own sitcoms. Anytime anything hasn't been done or isn't that common, people are skeptical and hate on it. I bet if Gaga put out a SEX book, she wouldn't be crucified for it as much as Madonna was. But another reason I think is because Gaga is still a relatively new kid on the block and so people just roll with her because they see her as something new, fresh and exciting. If she manages to stick around for the long haul, she'll rack up more critics and haters....when you become too familiar, people start to turn.

co-signs
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:

Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 644535 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 644535 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 644535 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 644535 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 644535

Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018 Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 253468018
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri May 06, 2011 6:20 pm

^^^^ bear hug
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri May 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Led Zep and the Stones are bands comprised solely of males. Madonna and Tina Turner are the only female acts to continually sell-out stadiums.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat May 07, 2011 9:20 am

Rockbird wrote:Led Zep and the Stones are bands comprised solely of males. Madonna and Tina Turner are the only female acts to continually sell-out stadiums.

Yep that is because they were two of the biggest female pop Icons of the 80's. I am quite sure even today they both would sell out in a matter of hours. Hey Tina is what in her 70's now and Madonna in her 50's so I don't know about the age thing. Even though the Male bands seem to dominate those guys are still way up there in age and can still pack them in.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat May 07, 2011 9:20 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:^^^^ Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 672400

Why does Lady GaGa receive praise doing the same things that Madonna and other are crucified for? 56354
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sat May 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Madonna's Sticky and Sweet Tour had stadium shows as do all of Tina's shows (their last shows to date were in 2008).

But really? Only two women? Only one black woman? The music industry is such a disaster, and I think Lady GaGa's popularity (and Britney Spears's popularity as well) is proof.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun May 08, 2011 9:26 am

Rockbird wrote:Madonna's Sticky and Sweet Tour had stadium shows as do all of Tina's shows (their last shows to date were in 2008).

But really? Only two women? Only one black woman? The music industry is such a disaster, and I think Lady GaGa's popularity (and Britney Spears's popularity as well) is proof.

Well Madonna is going to be in the spotlight very soon, she is releasing another CD, can't wait to hear it. Her daughter Lourdes is also releasing either a single or a CD I am unclear on that. I don't get Britney's popularity at all, guess the public likes that kind of trash but I never really liked her, especially during her attention getting days with Paris and Lindsay.

Back in the 80's I think was the last time Female Divas were spawned and there were quite a few. Only 3 really made it into the spotlight but you had Madonna and Tina who were the most popular, Donna Summer who was a dance diva, still popular and making platinum in the 80's. You had Pat Benetar who was a huge success in the 80s. Laura Branigan had mild success in the 80's, I always felt she was totally underrated since the lady could sing! Blondie was pretty successful in the 80's and there was Patty Smythe and Scandal who was briefly on the charts. Toni Basil broke out with a couple of minor hits and Janet Jackson took center stage too for awhile. Paula Abdul up there too for awhile as was Jody Watley who had a string of hits. I am quite sure there are some I am not remembering but out of all of them, Madonna and Tina were the most popular. Why because they had a gimmick. Madonna with her I don't care attitude, her flashy outfits and her willingness to just be different and defiant! Remember Justify My Love? I actually have that CD and the book with the metal covers she released with the Justify My Love. Tina with that hair, that unmistaken voice, those legs, she totally blew everyone out so unexpectadly and man that woman could sing! Point is now its a new era, GAGA is giving the audience what they want, another Pop Diva, she is doing what she wants, daring to be different, yeah she may be doing things similar to Madonna but that is a tribute to Madonna. Not all of GAGA's music and flashy shocking outfits are like Madonna, I think she has her own style too. People love her and so does Madonna! By the way Donna Summer recently had a single "To paris with Love" that was a huge success on the Dance charts.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sun May 08, 2011 10:18 am

America's attention span is just far too fickle and always looking for younger and younger musical acts. I feel like people don't like Madonna anymore just because she's 50 and actually has the balls to sleep with young men and wear revealing clothing.

You know, I think I would like Born This Way if she just admitted that she sampled Express Yourself. I mean, Madonna's been sampled and her imagery has been re-used many, many times-- but Christina and Kylie always give her credit. Because GaGa is refusing to give Madonna credit and getting testy now that people are calling her out for being unoriginal, I've lost any respect I once had for her (which wasn't much). And when somebody's personality is so awful, it spoils their music for me.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun May 08, 2011 10:25 am

Rockbird wrote:America's attention span is just far too fickle and always looking for younger and younger musical acts. I feel like people don't like Madonna anymore just because she's 50 and actually has the balls to sleep with young men and wear revealing clothing.

You know, I think I would like Born This Way if she just admitted that she sampled Express Yourself. I mean, Madonna's been sampled and her imagery has been re-used many, many times-- but Christina and Kylie always give her credit. Because GaGa is refusing to give Madonna credit and getting testy now that people are calling her out for being unoriginal, I've lost any respect I once had for her (which wasn't much). And when somebody's personality is so awful, it spoils their music for me.

Ah I forgot about Kylie Minogue, another underrated singer. She is pretty flashy herself with her style of dress but I love her music.

I say we agree to disagree about GAGA yes the things you pointed out do have merit but I still like her and I still think she has talent. I guess I am one of those people that is ready for a new Pop Diva but I don't forget the others before her. I don't think Madonna has lost her popularity at all, even at 50 she still has it, if she didn't she would not be still selling records and selling out stadiums.

What do you think of Katy Perry jumping on the wagon now with her seemingly imitation of GAGA in her new video Extra Terresterial?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 08, 2011 3:54 pm

LOL. I was channel surfing a little while ago and ran past Monster Ball and thought it was a Madonna concert for a sec.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:47 am