CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
Chris
8 posters

Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' Empty Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'

Post by Chris Mon May 09, 2011 7:21 am

Original Sin – the biblical reference to Adam and Eve in the 'Garden of Eden,' tempted by the Devil. Apparently God did not forgive them, and since that moment human beings thereafter were recognized as inherently sinful. So, as a result, we must strive and work hard to be good, despite how being 'bad' is supposedly part of our natural state.

The gist of it anyway.

Do you believe in this concept; that we are all born evil?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' Empty Re: Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'

Post by Nystyle709 Mon May 09, 2011 9:28 am

Ummm, nope.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?' Empty Re: Do you agree with the idea of 'Original Sin?'

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon May 09, 2011 9:36 am

Chris' post is a bit erroneous in that it says that God did not forgive them. That's not based on anything. Sin merely was their choice that cost them their cushy state. I also wouldn't say that we're born "evil" and the doctrine doesn't say that either.

Sure, I believe in the actual original sin. Anybody who denies that we humans don't have a strong inclination to sin must live in a bubble. We may try to justify our inclinations to sin and we constantly try to say "it's not a sin," as if doing whatever brings you pleasure is automatically righteous because it doesn't leave a trail of corpses in the streets. But anyway, yeah, original sin is definitely real. Watching the news is proof enough. lol
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon May 09, 2011 9:57 am

I wouldn't say we are born evil, it's just that nobody is born good either.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon May 09, 2011 2:13 pm

ROFLMAO! No Chris. There's no such thing as "sin", original or otherwise. I no longer choose to attend Mass. According to that crew, I’m being sinful. But I’m not being immoral. If I have an “impure thought” without acting upon it, they say that’s sinful. In fact, according to what I was told in catechism, it’s a mortal sin. The big one. I’m hell-bound. But I’m not immoral. Any overlap between being "sinful" and being "immoral" is coincidental.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm

When thoughts get included as that great philosopher Kirk Cameron has told us it in fact does, I'm doomed. There isn't enough time left in the universe to undo all that. And The Lair came in the mail today so I am forever without hope.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon May 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Religious babble. Don't tell me a newborn baby has at all sinned.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon May 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Marc™ wrote:Religious babble. Don't tell me a newborn baby has at all sinned.

And they do make that idiotic claim. The "sinful nature" they like to call it.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue May 10, 2011 8:27 pm

No, I don't believe most people are born evil. God knows we all sin - we sin until we're too tired to sin - but sin and evil are two different things. If all sinners were evil, we'd all be going straight to hell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:25 pm