CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Supernova
Nystyle709
Chris
7 posters

Underage teenagers with 18+ boyfriend/girlfriends

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Underage teenagers with 18+ boyfriend/girlfriends Empty Underage teenagers with 18+ boyfriend/girlfriends

Post by Chris Mon May 09, 2011 7:55 am

In your opinion, should parents allow their underage teenager (approximately between the ages of fifteen and seventeen) to date an eighteen or nineteen year old? Aside from what the law says, do those small handful of years make a significant enough difference at that point to warrant disallowing it?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Underage teenagers with 18+ boyfriend/girlfriends Empty Re: Underage teenagers with 18+ boyfriend/girlfriends

Post by Nystyle709 Mon May 09, 2011 9:38 am

It depends. I think I'd be more cautious and wouldn't allow my 15 yr old to date an 18 or 19 yr old simply because I wouldn't want any problems for him. The law is the law. On the flipside, my dad is 4 yrs older than my mother and they hooked up when she was like 15. So I personally don't think those years make [i]that[/i] much of a difference but to be on the safe side, prob. not.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Underage teenagers with 18+ boyfriend/girlfriends Empty Re: Underage teenagers with 18+ boyfriend/girlfriends

Post by Supernova Mon May 09, 2011 10:02 am

Well first of all, my kids wouldn't be allowed to date until they were 16 anyway so that immediately takes 15 out the window, 16 and up, would I approve my 16 year old being involved with an 18/19 year old, no, 17 perhaps, but it would also depend on what kind of person the guy is and the kid is.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Mon May 09, 2011 10:22 am

18 is such an arbitrary number. It's about the other person's personality and sense of ethics. Not how old the carbon in his body is.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon May 09, 2011 5:33 pm

The closer the gap, the better.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon May 09, 2011 7:54 pm

I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing. It really does depend though on the maturity of them all and the life that the older person is leading.

After Sophomore year, I began dating a guy who had graduated the year I was a Sophomore. So, he was 18, with me 16. And it really wasn't strange because we both lived in the same town, and he worked out of high school, no college. So, it wasn't as if he exposed me to an adult world because we all hung out with the same people playing basketball anyway. That is mostly all we did.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue May 10, 2011 8:22 pm

I think, during the teenage years, there shouldn't be more than a one or two year age gap between two kids. Something like a 17 year-old and a 19 year-old wouldn't bother me, but if I were a parent I wouldn't let my child see someone more than two years younger or older than him/her. I hear about these 14 year-old girls dating 18 and 19 year-old boys and it's really gross because one is a little girl and one is - according to the law - a grown man. I'd have a serious problem with that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:50 pm