CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Any Charlie Brown fans here?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Any Charlie Brown fans here? Empty Any Charlie Brown fans here?

Post by Supernova Tue May 10, 2011 11:41 pm

I would ask this on the cartoon board but the traffic's quicker here.

Has anybody here ever seen a cartoon called "What Have We Learned, Charlie Brown?"? For some reason, this one which was a tribute to war veterans has been all but forgotten by time and people. It follows up the movie Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and don't come back!) and has the gang wind up on Omaha Beach and Linus talking about D-Day.

I have not seen this one on TV since I was 8 years old (and I can guess why, TV can't have kids picking up on anything educational, anything that teaches them about war and death, especially in a cartoon), back when Nickelodeon had the rights to the Peanuts cartoons, now ABC has those rights, and it still hasn't shown on TV. So, I have an idea and it may not work but I'm trying it anyway, I went to the ABC website, found the 'contact us' section, and am sending emails requesting they air this for Memorial Day; which may seem like time's running out on that one, but some stations have made some very quick last minute airing decisions.

And anyway, I was figuring since there's strength in numbers, if anybody else is interested in seeing this cartoon, if they were to get emails requesting this from several people, they may be more likely to show it than if just one person asks. What's everyone think?

Of course this cartoon is up on Youtube and I'll post it on the cartoon chamber on Memorial Day, but I do believe a cartoon as important as this deserves air time on prime time TV. And if we can't get it for Memorial Day I'll try again for Veterans Day in the fall (there'll be more time to try for it then). Sure, it seems like a silly thing to get all worked up about but I'm very curious as to WHY it hasn't been shown in 13 years, and think how much attention they could get with that little piece of advertising alone. It worked when they brought back Garfield's Halloween Adventure after 9 years, I don't know why it couldn't with this too.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Any Charlie Brown fans here? Empty Re: Any Charlie Brown fans here?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue May 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Peanuts. Is. Boss.

Nobody comes close to Peppermint Patty or Snoopy. big grin
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed May 11, 2011 9:13 pm

I used to watch the Charlie Brown special every Thanksgiving. That's about as far as it goes.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed May 11, 2011 9:17 pm

I always watched the holiday special ones with Mom. Then with my son. Now I have to wait for grandchildren to watch again!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri May 13, 2011 8:38 am

I had the cartoon Charlie Brown/Peanuts books when I was a kid. They were good for the one-off/holiday specials, but I don't think would have (if it didn't) made for a good regular series.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:04 am