CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Shale
Friendly Veteran
MandyPerfumeGirl
RobbieFTW
RedBedroom
Supernova
10 posters

Do you have your account 'affairs' in order?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you have your account 'affairs' in order? Empty Do you have your account 'affairs' in order?

Post by Supernova Thu May 12, 2011 1:57 am

Should anything happen to you, God forbid, do you have someone who knows all your accounts and passwords to tell your online friends so they'll know, or do you have all your emails and passwords written down somewhere for someone to find so they can be the bearer of bad news to everyone online?

I do not and I don't plan to, if something ever happens to me you'll know because you'll never hear from me again. Of course that's probably already got a few people thinking I'm dead, but that's a long story.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you have your account 'affairs' in order? Empty Re: Do you have your account 'affairs' in order?

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 12, 2011 2:00 am

I have only ever cared about two sites, one and this one....On the other one, we are all in contact at this point via facebook, so if I die, they will know, via my fb.

Here, if I just stop communicating, I don't feel close enough to anyone to worry that they will truly worry about me. And if I ever feel that is the case, I will make sure that either Chris, Tony or TJS has my real contact info.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Do you have your account 'affairs' in order? Empty Re: Do you have your account 'affairs' in order?

Post by RobbieFTW Thu May 12, 2011 10:01 am

Someday I might give somebody my email password so that if I were to die or go to a long coma, they can tell anyone important who emails me what's going on but it's not that serious. If I ever just stop posting suddenly, just pray for the best cause I wouldnt leave with no notice.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu May 12, 2011 11:06 am

No, I've never (and probably never will) given anyone my passwords or any of that stuff. If I'm dead, I've got other stuff to worry about besides my computer. Actually, if I gave someone my passwords, I'd probably spend more time being paranoid about people sneaking into my accounts than I would experiencing relief that my online friends would be notified if I kicked off.
    Friendly Veteran
    Friendly Veteran
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 10

Post by Friendly Veteran Thu May 12, 2011 11:40 am

Yes I do. My wife and I have gone together to have our wills done. We both know there they are. I also have an envelope with information she may not know now but I think it is good for her to know. We both have each other bank accounts passwords.

As far as email passwords even though I have nothing to hide I do not think she even cares to know them so I do not plan to give them to her as something critical for her to get access to.

Whatever will affect my wife after I am gone I make sure it is covered. I already talked with my daughters what things from me they wish to have and they are labeled. I have some drawing and paintings I made when I was a teenager and used to attend art school. They already selected which painting they want so they are labeled. The old family photos of I when I was a child and of my parents were sorted and labeled for them to keep.

You have a great day.
    Friendly Veteran
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu May 12, 2011 12:38 pm

I don't have a will, but have written out my wishes for after my demise. My stepdaughter, the only relative in South Florida, is assigned to clean out my apartment. She is also "in trust for" on my bank accounts and with my death certificate she can access them. She is supposed to have me cremated - and since they are in the funeral biz, she can arrange that. Other than my sister in Missouri and a half-bro in Mississippi there are no other blood relatives.

Now to all my cyberfriends - I have assigned my grandson to break the news on my favorite places on the Web. I chose him because some places would be too embarrasing for my daughter to see.

I live alone so there is a list of all my Web locations, logon name (mostly Shale) and passwords sitting on a shelf by my computer - tho if he just clicks on my favorites in my unsecured homepage he will likely just be able to logon without using them.

I set this up after an incident on MySpace with one of the cute boys (mid 20s) that I became quite fond of and felt many commonalities with. He let us know he was going into major surgery. He had complications and his sister logged on his MySpace acct and gave us updates to his condition. That made me realize that you can become quite fond of someone whom you've never met in person, have never heard their voice but you know each other thru pics and the written word.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 12, 2011 12:42 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I have only ever cared about two sites, one and this one....On the other one, we are all in contact at this point via facebook, so if I die, they will know, via my fb.

Here, if I just stop communicating, I don't feel close enough to anyone to worry that they will truly worry about me. And if I ever feel that is the case, I will make sure that either Chris, Tony or TJS has my real contact info.

I would definetly be concerned Red if you were not on here for a long time and very sad not knowing what was wrong.
    I feel very honored you think highly of me enough to consider me one of your contacts.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Supernova wrote:Should anything happen to you, God forbid, do you have someone who knows all your accounts and passwords to tell your online friends so they'll know, or do you have all your emails and passwords written down somewhere for someone to find so they can be the bearer of bad news to everyone online?

I do not and I don't plan to, if something ever happens to me you'll know because you'll never hear from me again. Of course that's probably already got a few people thinking I'm dead, but that's a long story.

I would miss your posts, and I would wonder what happened to you. I have a good ear if you want to bend it in a PM.

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 12, 2011 12:46 pm

The answer is yes there is one person that would have access to my e-mail and even this board. This board is my main hang out when I am on the internet and someone would advise if I met with my demise. (hey that rhymes LOL)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu May 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Somewhat of a chilling thread. I hope no one disappears; you've all become such a significant part of my daily life for the past year and a half. I miss SecHandNews, and I hope TPP (who I emailed yesterday) doesn't stay away for good, although I understand her personal life had gotten complicated as of late, and perhaps doesn't allot her much time to message board chat. Not to throw my big brother eyes around, but I have all of your email addresses in my admin. area, so whenever someone interesting or once prominent doesn't log in in a month, the system is set up to send out an email reminder.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu May 12, 2011 12:56 pm

As for me, Tony and Marc both have my personal email addresses (and everyone can see my CC email in my signature.) So if I don't show up for a while, feel free to flood my box with knock, knock's. Currently, I don't have anyone authorized with my online passwords to send out updates and whatnot; hadn't really thought about it until now. I will probably give my fiancee-to-be that privileged. Maybe.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu May 12, 2011 1:15 pm

I haven't given anybody that authority....truthfully I don't think many would even notice or care if I suddenly stopped coming around. blushing
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Marc™️ wrote:I haven't given anybody that authority....truthfully I don't think many would even notice or care if I suddenly stopped coming around. blushing

I would!!!! Razz
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu May 12, 2011 1:23 pm

Marc™️ wrote:I haven't given anybody that authority....truthfully I don't think many would even notice or care if I suddenly stopped coming around. blushing

How far do we go back? Like fifteen years, at the old AOL board; I notice when you go longer than a day without logging in.

Tony Marino wrote:

I would!!!! Razz

co-signs
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu May 12, 2011 2:30 pm

For those who have said they don't think anyone would care on a forum board, consider that thru the written responses, "co-signs" and even disagreements, you become a person, acquaintance and perhaps even a friend to someone in cyberspace. Someone you have never met - maybe only seen in a foto.

This thread seems similar to another earlier, so I likely put this out before also. But, Tony (the one with surgery and near death experience) and I are MySpace friends. I added him 'cause he was a cute boy but later got to know him and now I must see him as a younger brother. If I ever get to Europe again, I must visit him in Wales. So, don't discount the effect you may be having on real ppl you have never met IRL.

Anyhow, here is an accounting of my feelings when Tony was near death:

CyberFriend
    From Shale to Tony

Why would I cry
    Over someone I've never met?
    I haven't touched or hugged
    Or kissed him,
    Have never heard his voice.

All I know of him
    Are images on a screen,
    Words printed on my monitor
    Show glimpses of his life.

A friend in Cyberspace
    Electron connected
    Across the Earth but,
    Connected nonetheless
    To my Mind and to my Heart.

Thru the love of his image,
    I met him.
    Thru the wisdom of his words,
    I love him.

"Seduce my mind
    And you can have my body,
    Find my Soul
    And I am yours forever."

Our bodies are decades apart
    My old age is drawn to his youth
    But I love his Soul,
    And Souls are forever young.

We are kindred spirits,
    In Cyberspace connected,
    When he has joy - I laugh
    When he hurts - I cry
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu May 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Shale wrote:For those who have said they don't think anyone would care on a forum board, consider that thru the written responses, "co-signs" and even disagreements, you become a person, acquaintance and perhaps even a friend to someone in cyberspace. Someone you have never met - maybe only seen in a foto.

This thread seems similar to another earlier, so I likely put this out before also. But, Tony (the one with surgery and near death experience) and I are MySpace friends. I added him 'cause he was a cute boy but later got to know him and now I must see him as a younger brother. If I ever get to Europe again, I must visit him in Wales. So, don't discount the effect you may be having on real ppl you have never met IRL.

Anyhow, here is an accounting of my feelings when Tony was near death:

CyberFriend
    From Shale to Tony

Why would I cry
    Over someone I've never met?
    I haven't touched or hugged
    Or kissed him,
    Have never heard his voice.

All I know of him
    Are images on a screen,
    Words printed on my monitor
    Show glimpses of his life.

A friend in Cyberspace
    Electron connected
    Across the Earth but,
    Connected nonetheless
    To my Mind and to my Heart.

Thru the love of his image,
    I met him.
    Thru the wisdom of his words,
    I love him.

"Seduce my mind
    And you can have my body,
    Find my Soul
    And I am yours forever."

Our bodies are decades apart
    My old age is drawn to his youth
    But I love his Soul,
    And Souls are forever young.

We are kindred spirits,
    In Cyberspace connected,
    When he has joy - I laugh
    When he hurts - I cry

Shale that is very well stated. big hugz

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu May 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Nah.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:17 am