CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Bridesmaids

JWF
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 4

Bridesmaids Empty Bridesmaids

Post by JWF Fri May 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Big fan of Kristen Wiig from SNL, so it was a delight seeing her on the big screen. Has the unique ability to maintain her humor, while not losing her good-looking appeal, especially in a grossed out rom-com.

Don't be misguided in believing this is a "chick flick" because of the predominately female cast. Think of it as"Hangover" for gender justice. A very funny film.

Annie (Wiig) is a 30's woman who's life is one big mess-up. Her worst enemy is herself. She is asked by her long time friend Lillian (Maya Rudolph) to serve as her maid-of-honor. Broke she must fake her way through the ceremony. She can't disappoint Lillian. Along for the ride is a medley of other bridesmaids, including Helen (Rose Byrne) who has her own agenda of becoming Lillian's main force. And a very funny Melissa McCarthy, who you might mistaken for Zach Galifianakis.

At times the film becomes uneven and could have been cut by 15 minutes, but it's worth your time, and laughs.

Solid B (***)
    Jack

PS: This was Jill Clayburgh (Annie's mother) last film. She died late last year. Also Jon Hamm has an extended but uncredited role, as Annie's bumbling lover.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Bridesmaids Empty Re: Bridesmaids

Post by Supernova Fri May 13, 2011 7:12 pm

I'm actually considering seeing this one if it comes to our theater, I'm anxious to get out and see one again for the first time in 10 months.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Fri May 13, 2011 7:49 pm

I'll have to pass on this one, I think I'll keep my money.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:15 pm

I had my head up my ass & wasn't paying attention to my netflix queue & found out this one has shipped. So guess I'll find out in a day or two lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:51 pm