CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

"Kinsey" (2004)

MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

"Kinsey" (2004) Empty "Kinsey" (2004)

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat May 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi all,

I was in a Wal-Green's the other day and saw this for $3.99. Being wild and crazy like I am, I bought it and I really liked it! It goes into Alfred Kinsey's sex studies, I believe, in the '40's and '50's. He was pretty revolutionary at bringing sex out of the closet and discovering people's - mostly normal - perversions. It's crazy what kind of sex myths they had back then! The character of Kinsey is pretty contradictory because he promotes sexual freedom, but yet is sexually frigid, looking at sex as nothing more than a natural action between humans when in fact, as everyone knows, sometimes emotions get involved. Great - and sometimes humorous - film with very good performances by Liam Neesom and Laura Linney.

Has anybody seen this?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

"Kinsey" (2004) Empty Re: "Kinsey" (2004)

Post by Shale Sun May 15, 2011 12:13 am

I saw it in theater and have the DVD. Kinsey did some real cultural breakthru by exposing the myths of our sexuality. It didn't catch on right away. I actually was raised in that mostly repressed culture, almost as bad as what he was in.

A lot of us young ppl rebelled and there was the Sexual Revolution of the '60s. I didn't think he was so frigid in that movie. He was playing around with guys, which was quite taboo, even tho he was seeing that it was more normal than the perversion it was then designated.

Maybe I should watch it again.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:42 am

bump
    I never saw this movie, but I want to. Kinsey, and his research (no matter how factual or flawed it may have been) always intrigued me.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:47 am

I saw it awhile ago, it was pretty good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:47 am