CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

The Lone Ranger: ALSO being remade with Johnny Depp

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The Lone Ranger: ALSO being remade with Johnny Depp Empty The Lone Ranger: ALSO being remade with Johnny Depp

Post by Supernova Sat May 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Can we even begin with just how wrong THAT one is? The Lone Ranger is definitely one that deserves to stay in its own time, the 30s and 50s. And am I right in recollecting that Depp is going to be playing Tonto? no If that ever gets made, that is definitely one I won't be wasting my money on.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

The Lone Ranger: ALSO being remade with Johnny Depp Empty Re: The Lone Ranger: ALSO being remade with Johnny Depp

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 15, 2011 7:33 am

Supernova wrote:Can we even begin with just how wrong THAT one is? The Lone Ranger is definitely one that deserves to stay in its own time, the 30s and 50s. And am I right in recollecting that Depp is going to be playing Tonto? no If that ever gets made, that is definitely one I won't be wasting my money on.

So...you're upset that the remake of the remake of the remake of the remake that's been planned for almost the last 10 years may finally get made? You are definitely entitled to put movies/TV series on pedestals. I do as well sometimes. I agree that making another Gone With The Wind, Casablanca, Citizen Kane (to name a few) would be pointless. We just disagree on what should be "sacred".
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The Lone Ranger: ALSO being remade with Johnny Depp Empty Re: The Lone Ranger: ALSO being remade with Johnny Depp

Post by Supernova Sun May 15, 2011 10:45 am

Well it's not so much a matter of sacred, as just bad taste, I really can't see 50s straightlaced western adapting well into whatever it's going to be turned into.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Then we're going to have to disagree that's it's in bad taste. What difference does it make if a story that is set in the Old West stays set in the Old West? The Lone Ranger started out as a radio serial. Actually, I think it was a silent movie serial before that. Anyway. Then it became another movie serial. Then it became a TV series. Then they made some movies based on the TV series. 30 years ago they made another movie about TLR & Tonto. Between that movie and the old TV series with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels they made two other TV series. May taste bad to you but I won't automatically assume that it's going to suck.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:11 am