CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
TSJFan4Ever
Shale
CeCe
RedBedroom
Chris
Dan70
SkwirtB
Jason B.
13 posters

Popular - or once popular - comedians who you think are unfunny

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Popular - or once popular - comedians who you think are unfunny Empty Popular - or once popular - comedians who you think are unfunny

Post by Jason B. Tue May 18, 2010 4:30 pm

For starters (PS I'm talking people who generally seem well liked, not just "I've heard of them"):

Whoopi Goldberg (although she was good in "Ghost")
    Kathy Griffin
    Will Farrell
    Maggie Cho
    Rosanne Barr
    David Chappelle (I don't know why people fall on the floor laughing at his comedy. He's NEVER been at all funny to me!)
    SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Popular - or once popular - comedians who you think are unfunny Empty Re: Popular - or once popular - comedians who you think are unfunny

Post by SkwirtB Tue May 18, 2010 4:47 pm

I pretty much agree with everybody on your list. Especially Dave Chappelle. I never really got the hype of him either. To me he's like the polar opposite, weed man's answer to Chris Rock. His comedy has a "lazy" feel to it.

Add Sarah Silverman to the list. She is 100% not funny. I don't even know why she gets called a comedian.
    Dan70
    Dan70
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Popular - or once popular - comedians who you think are unfunny Empty Re: Popular - or once popular - comedians who you think are unfunny

Post by Dan70 Tue May 18, 2010 11:24 pm

Jay Leno, Sinbad, Carlos Mencia, Pauly Shore, Dane Cook, Jerry Seinfeld, Drew Carey, Whoopi Goldberg (she's been humorous in select films, but on stage forget it), Gilbert Gottfried.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed May 19, 2010 9:26 am

Whoopi Goldberg is funny if you can appreciate beatnik comedy. Otherwise I agree that watching her on stage can sometimes be like reading an assigned library book.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 05, 2011 10:49 pm

Paula Poundstone
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu May 05, 2011 11:19 pm

I agree about Sarah Silverman. She comes across (to me) as just trying to be as outrageous & obnoxious as possible. I don't remember seeing any part of her shows I considered to be funny. There's a male comedian like her...Daniel..something or other. I shut his lame ass off not far into his show. Just being outrageous or a jerk especially a bigoted jerk doesn't make someone funny.

Jay Leno
    Hal Sparks
    Wanda Sykes is not as funny to me as she used to be

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 06, 2011 1:49 am

There was a time, a long time ago on SNL that I thot Dennis Miller was funny.

There ain't anything funny about right-wing nuts.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 06, 2011 1:54 am

Dennis Miller who? Gosh, that guy has been outta the spotlight for a while now, hasn't he?
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri May 06, 2011 3:13 am

To that list, I'd also add Bill Cosby. I used to enjoy him when I was a kid, but the last few times I've seen him, he just hasn't had the same appeal.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri May 06, 2011 8:32 am

Shale wrote:There was a time, a long time ago on SNL that I thot Dennis Miller was funny.

There ain't anything funny about right-wing nuts.

He was funny before he did that 180 turn.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri May 06, 2011 8:40 am

Adam Sandler.
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Fri May 06, 2011 12:08 pm

I have seen a lot of the comedians mentioned on this list have some funny moments. But the comedians I don't find funny at all are Bill Cosby and Carlos Mencia. Bill Cosby's sitcom was awful and unfunny. I found the family on that sitcom to be extremely smug and arrogant.

As for Carlos Mencia, the guy is a poser and says a lot of race jokes that aren't funny and lazy. I was so happy when South Park bashed a couple of years back.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 08, 2011 5:31 pm

Toward the end, I thought George Carlin had become an angry old man. Sad. The first time I listened to one of his albums (I think it was Class Clown) I laughed so hard I had trouble breathing.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:02 am

Steve Harvey
    Charlie Murphy
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:09 am

Jerry Seinfeld...
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Chris wrote:Steve Harvey
    Charlie Murphy

I think Steve is hilarious when he wants to be. You just gotta be familiar with his brand of comedy. He's country as hell.....and I know quiet a few country folks, so I can relate to it and him. Charlie Murphy is okay too. He just has a dry humor. He's like a funny uncle or cousin.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:20 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Chris wrote:Steve Harvey
    Charlie Murphy

I think Steve is hilarious when he wants to be. You just gotta be familiar with his brand of comedy. He's country as hell.....and I know quiet a few country folks, so I can relate to it and him. Charlie Murphy is okay too. He just has a dry humor. He's like a funny uncle or cousin.

I'll admit that Steve was funnier than I thought he would be in Kings of Comedy; it's just his very condescending and self-righteous posturing that tends to turn me off. Charlie Murphy, though, I can't find funny. He's has that sort of quasi-angry, dry (but obnoxious) style that bores me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:19 am