CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

What did you read as a kid?

MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

What did you read as a kid? Empty What did you read as a kid?

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat May 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi all,

When I was really little I was big on "Dr. Seuss" and "Clifford" books, and then when I got older - probably around 9 and 10 - I really started getting into "Nancy Drew", "The Babysitters Club" and "Goosebumps" books. My very favorite book though as a child was called "My Dog Ate My Homework" and if I remember correctly, it was about a boy who's best friend was a dog who helped him with all his boyhood struggles. I can't think of who the author was, though.

What did you like to read as a kid?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What did you read as a kid? Empty Re: What did you read as a kid?

Post by Supernova Sat May 28, 2011 11:29 pm

When I was little the traditional stuff, Dr. Seuss, nursery rhymes, fairy tales, we had a lot of the Little Golden Books with Mickey mouse and Donald Duck and one with Annie Oakley (that's from a LONG time ago), and we had one of those flip books, two stories, one side's upside down and the other's right side up, of Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland, but I only ever read Peter Pan, why I didn't read Alice as a child I don't know. Another favorite, we had the book Garfield & His 9 Lives, and when I was little my mother told me not to read some of the stories because they were more for adults, espeically Life #3, Babes and Bullets, but I did read it and I loved that story. Then when I got older, I read the Fright Time series, and that was about it until I was 13 and started going to the library.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:23 pm

When I was really young, I liked the Golden Books, that were centered around popular cartoons like Pound Puppies and things like that. Then I liked Sweet Valley High, Lurlene McDaniel's books and that type. I don't think I had a favorite type between little kid and tween.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:24 am

i had sweet valley high with the blonde twins too. and flubber by judy blume. My first ghost story book was "Real Ghosts" by Daniel Cohen. I remember when I was about 10 I read Pet Semetary and Thinner. i figured that if i could read a thick book like Stephen King's i could read anything

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 am