CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Shale
Tony Marino
Hyacinth Girl
Supernova
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Forgiveness Man
Chris
11 posters

Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? Empty Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?

Post by Chris Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 am

Growing up with a mom and two sisters, terms like 'slut' or 'tramp' were basically considered no-no's (even when speaking of women who fit the description.) With a daughter, I'm pretty much still in that mindset.

What do you think, do you consider these words unacceptable to use in general?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? Empty Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:45 am

Not in general. IMO, they have applications that are valid. And heck, since women are often the ones TO use them, it's gonna be hard to try and say that it's ALWAYS wrong. Just like words used to insult men aren't offensive to ALL men. If it's not directed AT you, and it clearly cannot apply to you either, why be offended?
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use? Empty Re: Do you consider terms such as 'bitch,' 'slut' and 'whore' degrading to all women and generally not acceptable to use?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:48 am

I find that women use them more often than men do. And usually at each other. That's what's most disturbing.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:58 am

I can usually find a place for all of them, the real kicker is 'bitch' because on one hand, it's not a compliment, but at the same time I do kind of pride myself on being one at times.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:30 am

I think it depends on the situation and context of the conversation/arguement you are in. I've used those words myself, but I don't toss them around freely unless warranted. I've never used "C-U-N-T", though, at least not outside of thinking it about someone.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:42 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:I think it depends on the situation and context of the conversation/arguement you are in. I've used those words myself, but I don't toss them around freely unless warranted. I've never used "C-U-N-T", though, at least not outside of thinking it about someone.

I agree. While I don't use them liberally, I have tossed out those words I listed in an occasional one-off instance; but I don't think I've ever referred to a woman as a cunt. Not even the one's who I thought were despicable. That's just too much.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Not in general. IMO, they have applications that are valid. And heck, since women are often the ones TO use them, it's gonna be hard to try and say that it's ALWAYS wrong. Just like words used to insult men aren't offensive to ALL men. If it's not directed AT you, and it clearly cannot apply to you either, why be offended?

co-signs I agree with Lil Bro.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:05 pm

I hate the designation of a woman as a slut just because she is as casual about sex as I am. Seems a double standard to me.

I know bitch has become such a derogatory term that ppl get upset when you call their female poodles a bitch. (It ain't slander if it's true!)

I learned at an early age about bitch. My mom and dad were having one of their frequent arguments when I heard her say "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!!" My dad did a quick recovery and said "I called you a witch." She bought it, or at least let it pass.

(Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:19 pm

I find that cunt and twat and underused. If we can use pussy, bitch, slut and ho... why not those? What's so special about those two? I don't know many women, actually, who find them offensive.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:15 pm

I don't use the terms outside of the home (too often) but my wife and daughter are Queen Bitch and Baby Bitch respectively. I'm not the one who originated the usage.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:20 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:I find that cunt and twat and underused. If we can use pussy, bitch, slut and ho... why not those? What's so special about those two? I don't know many women, actually, who find them offensive.
    I don't use the term descriptively against an individual but when an inanimate object draws my ire, I'll sometimes call it a cunt fart under my breath.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:14 pm

If the shoe fits.......
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:26 am

Nystyle709 wrote:If the shoe fits.......

You read my mind. Don't act like a bitch or slut, and no one will call you that.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:57 am

Marc™ wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:If the shoe fits.......

You read my mind. Don't act like a bitch or slut, and no one will call you that.

Yup!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:31 am