CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
GrayWolf
Cheaps
Chris
7 posters

Would you keep an exotic animal as a pet?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Would you keep an exotic animal as a pet? Empty Would you keep an exotic animal as a pet?

Post by Chris Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:20 am

Have you ever had, or wanted, an exotic animal (Rare birds, monkeys, raccoons, etc., etc.) as a pet?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Would you keep an exotic animal as a pet? Empty Re: Would you keep an exotic animal as a pet?

Post by Cheaps Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:24 am

never have but would like

Would you keep an exotic animal as a pet? Tigercubs
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Would you keep an exotic animal as a pet? Empty Re: Would you keep an exotic animal as a pet?

Post by GrayWolf Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:42 pm

Maybe a python or something.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:49 pm

I don't really think so because even the cute, tiny little mammals can get pretty mean. So, I will stick with my dog.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Exotic pets should be controlled more vigorously but as usual they are closing stable gates after the horses run away.

A gardner got bitten by an African green mamba snake here in S. Florida and I dread the day when we have cobras loose here.

The eco battle goes on in the Everglades with the abandoned pythons and boa constrictors that once were pets but now 20 foot competitors with alligators. (Actually, now they have naturalized and are breeding out there so they may as well continue selling the cute ones as pets).

There are Gambian Pouch Rats (9-pound rats) that are loose on one of the keys that they are trying to contain and they are now illegal to own here in Florida. Just a matter of time.

I knew a woman here who had wolves. She had a prob when one got out and killed a neighbors dog. So, there needs to be more control over ppl owning dangerous animals - like chimpanzees, which are only cute and controllable as infants and are quite dangerous when adult (ask the ppl whose faces were ripped off by chimps).
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:38 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I don't really think so because even the cute, tiny little mammals can get pretty mean. So, I will stick with my dog.

Yep. A typical domestic pet (dog, cat, goldfish) is about it for me. I'm good on a monkey or a emu.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 pm

Marc™ wrote:
    RedBedroom wrote:I don't really think so because even the cute, tiny little mammals can get pretty mean. So, I will stick with my dog.

Yep. A typical domestic pet (dog, cat, goldfish) is about it for me. I'm good on a monkey or a emu.

Esp if they turn on you and mauls yo ass to death like one did this woman about 2 yrs ago.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Nope. I won't even keep a pet, much less an exotic pet. Maybe some exotic fish, but that's about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:28 am