CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

They should do an HIV/AIDS storyline with Ford

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

They should do an HIV/AIDS storyline with Ford Empty They should do an HIV/AIDS storyline with Ford

Post by Kral Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Since they seem like they're gonna keep him around for a while, they should do a story where he learns he's HIV-positive and from there it quickly escalates into AIDS. Might be a juicy story, would fit into his characters actions and would be a perfect cautionary tale. I might even start to like Ford if they let the actor play sympathetic during it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

They should do an HIV/AIDS storyline with Ford Empty Re: They should do an HIV/AIDS storyline with Ford

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:42 am

I remember the Billy Douglas storyline involving Aids back in the 90's that was one of the best storylines ever on the show. I don't think most people care enough about Ford so I have to wonder what kind of an impact that would have on the audience if he suddenly had Aids.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

They should do an HIV/AIDS storyline with Ford Empty Re: They should do an HIV/AIDS storyline with Ford

Post by stavdash Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:33 am

See, the thing is that I have already made up my mind that I do not like Ford. And, usually, when I decide early on how I feel about a character, nothing changes it, no matter how much the writers try and twist their image into something else. Subsequently, Ford being diagnosed with AIDS would not move me at all. For the rest of the viewership who are not as rigid as I am, however, I think it would take Ford already becoming sympathetic before his diagnosis to make them feel for him in such peril. Ford going in for a routine checkup and being told that a disorder was found, just moments after he zipped up his pants at the end of another callous one-night stand would probably serve to make the audience cheer it as retribution.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:49 pm