CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

The Last Mimzy (2007)

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The Last Mimzy (2007) Empty The Last Mimzy (2007)

Post by Supernova Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:23 am

Has anybody seen this movie?

I vaguely recall the TV spots for this movie when it came out back in 2007, I didn't think it was too interesting but I don't recall the ads saying too much about the storyline either. I"m wondering now if it might be worth checking into, especially since I can rent it from the library for nothing, still a bad movie's a bad movie no matter if you pay for it or not. Anybody have any opinions about this film?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The Last Mimzy (2007) Empty Re: The Last Mimzy (2007)

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:18 am

Its basically a kids movie, its about a stuffed Rabbit and I think if I recall correctly its got some kind of Alien life in it called Mimzy. I remember it being a cute movie not boring.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:33 am

Tony Marino wrote:Its basically a kids movie, its about a stuffed Rabbit and I think if I recall correctly its got some kind of Alien life in it called Mimzy. I remember it being a cute movie not boring.

What he said. I enjoyed it in theater and got the DVD. The usual ET plot with the gov't agents chasing down the Mimzy and the kids trying to protect it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Okay, I'm about halfway through the movie and I have a couple of questions so far:

1. Why did the babysitter run out of the house screaming when Emma was showing her her 'hand trick'?

2. Why when the kids are showing genius potential does the mother treat it like terminal cancer? The kids are so smart, we need to get professional help!????

Oh, and does anybody else hate Noah in the beginning of this? If I would've ever acted like he did when talking or not talking to his parents, I would've been pounded into next week.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:39 am

Supernova wrote:Okay, I'm about halfway through the movie and I have a couple of questions so far:

1. Why did the babysitter run out of the house screaming when Emma was showing her her 'hand trick'?

2. Why when the kids are showing genius potential does the mother treat it like terminal cancer? The kids are so smart, we need to get professional help!????

Oh, and does anybody else hate Noah in the beginning of this? If I would've ever acted like he did when talking or not talking to his parents, I would've been pounded into next week.

1. Some ppl, not used to special effects in movies think it frightening when the little girl you are in charge of puts her hand into a mysterious force field emanating from rocks spinning freely above the floor and her hand dissentigrates.

2. I hated the hysterical outburst from the mother when she takes all the kids found 'toys' and throws them out. (I don't often use the word hysterical because of its root, but here it is appropriate for that hysterical bitch).

Not everyone subscribes to the old notion of pounding kids into submission, especially some very successful, level headed, well-educated businessmen like his father and a mostly tolerant mother (except when she loses it and becomes a hysterical bitch).

Gotta say I liked the emphasis this movie put on Eastern Mysticism. Long before Western religions existed, Buddha was describing macro and microcosms from the universe to the atoms.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:34 pm

1. Well that may be but I think if I were watching the kid, I'd be amazed as hell and want to know how she did it.

2. Hysterical indeed, any other mother would be ecstatic to know they have geniuses in the family.

3. My parents don't either and they still would NEVER tolerate a kid acting like such a brat. Ignore them, turn away when they're talking to you, you may not get that bitch-slapped but you're still going to get it.

Well as it turns out the damn DVD that I rented freezes at 40 minuntes, and somebody had the full length movie up on Youtube but it was taken down due to copyright or some crap like that, so it seems 40 minutes is all the further I'm going to be into this until the library can order in a replacement.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:29 am