CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
9 posters

Do your old clothes and household goods go to donation or the trash?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do your old clothes and household goods go to donation or the trash? Empty Do your old clothes and household goods go to donation or the trash?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:37 am

I donate all of mine, unless it is clothing that is stained or something that doesn't work anymore.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Do your old clothes and household goods go to donation or the trash? Empty Re: Do your old clothes and household goods go to donation or the trash?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:52 am

I donate most of mine too. I give it to the Salvation Army or the church around the corner.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Do your old clothes and household goods go to donation or the trash? Empty Re: Do your old clothes and household goods go to donation or the trash?

Post by Cheaps Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:13 am

i should probably donate more. But i usually throw away, cuz i've kept them so long, nobody else would want to take them.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:46 am

Usable clothes go in one of those donation boxes that are in practically every parking lot. Books go to the library. Just about everything else goes in the trash.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:42 am

I donate the clothes only if they are in good shape.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:27 am

Tony Marino wrote:I donate the clothes only if they are in good shape.

Yep, same here. If it's still wearable, then I'll donate them to the local Salvation Army; there's one just across the street from my house.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:37 pm

My own clothes, I donate to those collection places, but my daughter's stuff that she's outgrown over the years, I always bring in to work and give to one of my co-workers. She has 2 daughters, younger than mine, and she'll use the clothes for the older one, pass them to her neighbor for their daughter, then take them back for her own younger girl. So by the time the clothes are really shreds, they've made the rounds between 4 girls.

Books, I give to my Grandmother, and when she's done with them, I pick them up again and donate them to the library (then fumigate my truck because the books reek of cigarette smoke!! LOL)

Stuff like old towels, blankets, sheets, I donate at the local vet's office so they can use them for animal surgeries, cleaning cages, etc.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:My own clothes, I donate to those collection places, but my daughter's stuff that she's outgrown over the years, I always bring in to work and give to one of my co-workers. She has 2 daughters, younger than mine, and she'll use the clothes for the older one, pass them to her neighbor for their daughter, then take them back for her own younger girl. So by the time the clothes are really shreds, they've made the rounds between 4 girls.

Books, I give to my Grandmother, and when she's done with them, I pick them up again and donate them to the library (then fumigate my truck because the books reek of cigarette smoke!! LOL)

Stuff like old towels, blankets, sheets, I donate at the local vet's office so they can use them for animal surgeries, cleaning cages, etc.

I never thought about donating old towels and blankets to a vet or shelter! That is an excellent idea!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:33 pm

If it's in decent condition, it goes to a charity and if not, it's given to my parents when they come up to visit. There's an animal shelter that takes used clothing and uses it to line cages and whatnot. Mostly that ends up being old t-shirts that are stretched out or stained and whatnot. The animals don't care. They're just happy to have something warm to snuggle into. Things like shoes, though, I usually throw out if they're not good enough to pass on.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I donate the clothes only if they are in good shape.

co-signs
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:14 am

Just realized that I didn't answer the house hold goods part. I haven't had to toss many of mine away, as I buy pretty good quality and it lasts. I'll probably keep using them until they['re ready for the garbage and then I'll see if any of it can be recycled. If it's no longer good enough for me to use, I wouldn't expect someone else to use it. Just because you're buying second hand goods doesn't mean they need to b e ruined so badly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:22 pm