CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Raven: The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Raven: The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People Empty Raven: The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People

Post by Marc™ Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:28 am

Has anybody read "Raven" about Jim Jones/Jonestown Massacre? I'm thinking about ordering it online.

Raven: The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People Raven-untold-story-rev-jim-jones-his-people-john-jacobs-paperback-cover-art
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Raven: The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People Empty Re: Raven: The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:38 pm

Sorry Marc. Can't help you there.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Raven: The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People Empty Re: Raven: The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:47 pm

Oh my God, so funny you mention this Marc. There was a special on MSNBC a couple weeks back about the survivors, and after that I went to the library to get the books on Jonestown, and there was only one there, the Raven one that I mainly planned to get, was already checked out for the week! So no, somebody else got it ahead of me or I probably could've offered some opinion about it!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:42 am

Didn't even know there was a book about it. What a sad story.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:57 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:Didn't even know there was a book about it. What a sad story.

There are several books about it. Some of them told from the survivors' perspectives...including one told from the pov of a girl who was 13 when the massacre occurred.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:54 pm

I have been checking at the library every week to see if this book ever came back in; I don't think the library is ever going to see Raven: The Untold Story of the Rev. Jim Jones and His People again, it was due back 3 weeks ago.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:53 pm

I will have to see if ours has it. I would love to read it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Our library has another book on Jonestown: The Cult that Died, apparently it's not going anywhere, has anybody read that one?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Well wonder of wonders, TODAY I go to the library and Raven is back in, so I grabbed it up and am currently reading it and when/if I get it done I'll come back with my opinion. So far the one I've gotten is how scary it seems that a person like this, could come from somebody like his mother because, aside from a few things in her behavior, Lynetta Putnam Jones sounds like the kind of woman I'd be.

Oh but on a side note, of course this is me thinking with my mindset in the here and now and probably wouldn't have been the same 70 years ago, but if I was one of the kids that he locked in the loft of his barn and just stood there smiling as they panicked and tried to get out, I would've beaten the hell out of that little shit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 2:00 am