CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore Empty 'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore

Post by Chris Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:09 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/13/big-brother-jeff-schroeder-dumbledore-harry-potter-gay-homophobic-attack/

'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore

7/13/2011 6:10 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

'Harry Potter' ignited a homophobic firestorm inside the "Big Brother' house ... after castmember Jeff Schroeder said he would never send his kid to a "fantasy camp" run by Dumbledore ... because he's gay. 071311_jeff_homophobe_still

It all went down inside the BB house last night -- during a live feed on the Internet -- when Jeff and Kalia began talking about the fact J.K. Rowling wrote Dumbledore as a gay character.

Jeff -- shocked by the revelation -- says, "He's in a school with little kids, you can't make that guy gay!"

He added, "It isn't right to have it in a little kids book, and have the head master locked away in this magical land, be gay. That isn't the right kind of writing to do."

Kalia responded, "Why? Gay men can't work with little kids!?" ... adding, "Just because he is gay, doesn't mean there is a thing wrong with him."

This isn't the first time Jeff has been involved in a homophobic situation on the show ... back in 2009, he used a gay slur to attack a fellow housemate.

So far, no comment from CBS.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore Empty Re: 'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:35 pm

You beat me, Chris. I was just going to post this.

I watched it the first time and thought maybe he was getting at the fact that it is too stereotypical to write the character gay due to the magical land scenario. After I watched it again, I feel like he was just waiting for someone to agree with him, giving him license to go off on a tangent about gays around other people's kids.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore Empty Re: 'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:31 am

Oh boy Jeff is going to get a lot of feedback on this. I didn't know he was homophobic but then again is it something he really said or was it twisted by camera tricks? Either way he is in for it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Tony, that was from the live feeds, so the conversation would be actual.

During his season, he called Russell a "f-g" and there was backlash from that. He should have learned from that to keep those thoughtless and hateful sentiments in his head.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:43 pm

He insulted a fictional character. I'm not going to get too upset about it. Life's got bigger problems than what some guy on TV says about a gay character in a fantasy series.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:28 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:He insulted a fictional character. I'm not going to get too upset about it. Life's got bigger problems than what some guy on TV says about a gay character in a fantasy series.

Your watching Big Brother? I thought you said you won't watch it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:27 am