CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Dirty Harry

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Dirty Harry Empty Dirty Harry

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:49 pm

The former mayor of Carmel, CA at the top of his game. Do you feel lucky?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Dirty Harry Empty Re: Dirty Harry

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:52 pm

It was an alright movie, I wasn't too impressed with it. Though one thing I found odd, when they find the teenaged girl, she is seen breathing, but later Harry comments about she was dead.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:25 pm

No, that's wrong. As Harry is "interrogating" Scorpio on the football field, the camera pans back to an aerial shot and the scene fads to black. The next scene is at dawn somewhere near the Golden Gate Bridge and we see them lift her obviously lifeless, naked body from the hole where she had been left to die, lay her on a stretcher and cover her with a blanket that is pulled up over her head. You don't see her breathing. She's quite dead. But thanks for replying even if it was to say you didn't like it. Most of my topics go ignored here.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:31 pm

It's been a while, but I would swear during that aerial shot, I could see her chest going up and down. Somebody suggested that maybe it meant she was alive when they got her out but she died shortly afterwards, I don't know.

And something I wonder about, the guy who played Scorpio, it's been said, got death threats for the rest of his life because of the role he played. People hated his role so much they were threatening the actor for it...so on one hand I'm like 'geez, these people need to get a grip', but on the other hand, it's like he must've been a VERY convincing actor to get that kind of response, even though that's the kind of attention you could do without.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:47 pm

He received threats after the film was released but not for the rest of his life (he's 69 now) and went on to have a reasonably successful career. In real life he's the opposite of that character.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:46 am

They usually are, the biggest bastards on the screen are usually the nicest people to know, and vice versa...on one hand that proves they're damn good actors but it also makes you wonder, or I wonder anyway, why is that?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:53 am

Supernova wrote:They usually are, the biggest bastards on the screen are usually the nicest people to know, and vice versa...on one hand that proves they're damn good actors but it also makes you wonder, or I wonder anyway, why is that?

They're probably so nice because they get to take out all fo their aggression on screen. Let's face it, how many of us would love to hit someone who drives like and idiot, or who's a racist bigot? But as an actor you get paid to hit that idiot or bigot! what a great sounding job!

I love the dirty harry movies... but i think my favorite was sudden impact. "Everyday I come in here and order a large black coffee. But today there's alot of sugar in it---a lot of sugar. I just came back to complain."

"Whoa--we're not gonna just let you walk out of here... Smith & Wesson and me". go get'em Clint!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:50 pm

I liked the Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:20 pm

The final screen credit in Eastwood's masterpiece of a western reads, "Dedicated to Sergio and Don", referring to Clint Eastwood's mentors, Sergio Leone (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly among many others and Don Siegel (Dirty Harry and many others.)

Know how Siegel was billed in "Death of a Gunfighter"? Alan Smithee big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:53 am