CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

How easy are you to calm or reassure?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

How easy are you to calm or reassure? Empty How easy are you to calm or reassure?

Post by femme fatale Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:07 am

You are apprehensive or upset about something and someone comes along telling you things will be okay. How easy is it to reassure you?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

How easy are you to calm or reassure? Empty Re: How easy are you to calm or reassure?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:30 am

Doesn't really do anything for me (I appreciate it) if it's just someone trying to be nice but really has no idea if things will turn out OK. If my parts manager friend tells me, "Alan, I'm sure that lump is nothing to worry about," I'm not reassured. On the other hand, if it's from someone knowledgeable about the problem it could make me feel better. If my doctor tells me, "Mr. Smithee, 99% of the time a lump like that is nothing to worry about," worrying about the 1% is better than worrying about the 100%.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

How easy are you to calm or reassure? Empty Re: How easy are you to calm or reassure?

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:56 am

Alan Smithee wrote:Doesn't really do anything for me (I appreciate it) if it's just someone trying to be nice but really has no idea if things will turn out OK. If my parts manager friend tells me, "Alan, I'm sure that lump is nothing to worry about," I'm not reassured. On the other hand, if it's from someone knowledgeable about the problem it could make me feel better. If my doctor tells me, "Mr. Smithee, 99% of the time a lump like that is nothing to worry about," worrying about the 1% is better than worrying about the 100%.
    co-signs

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:40 am

I can appreciate it, but it almost never helps. I need to come down from my anger or angst on my own time.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:08 pm

There, there Chris. It'll be OK. bear hug
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:22 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:There, there Chris. It'll be OK. bear hug

Thanks, but see I'm still in the mood to kill!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:24 pm

I appreciate someone trying to calm me down and reassure me but I need my own time to slowly come back to earth.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:52 pm