CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Forgiveness Man
RedBedroom
FireIce918
Cheaps
wants2laugh
Alan Smithee
Marc™
Nystyle709
Supernova
13 posters

If you won the lottery, what would you quit buying because it was cheaper?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

If you won the lottery, what would you quit buying because it was cheaper? Empty If you won the lottery, what would you quit buying because it was cheaper?

Post by Supernova Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:17 pm

If you won the lottery, like millions of dollars, is there any brand or substitute product you buy now because it's cheaper than the real thing, that when you could finally afford to quit getting it, you would?

I've always said if we win the lottery we are NEVER eating margarine again. We do alright with that now, mainly just use the margarine for cooking, but still $1 for margarine and $4 for butter, and you go through at least a pound a week, it adds up.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

If you won the lottery, what would you quit buying because it was cheaper? Empty Re: If you won the lottery, what would you quit buying because it was cheaper?

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Can't think of anything. I can be cheap....in the sense that I don't care to shell out money.... but I don't sacrifice quality. I guess the only thing is I would be buying more of what I like.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

If you won the lottery, what would you quit buying because it was cheaper? Empty Re: If you won the lottery, what would you quit buying because it was cheaper?

Post by Marc™ Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:39 pm

I don't much buy substitutes of cheaper alternatives. If the real thing or the better grade is too steep for my blood, then I tend to not bother period.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:52 pm

We have margarine and butter. I can't think of anything we would stop buying because it's "cheap". I wouldn't mind finding out though.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:07 am

I would stop buying lottery tickets! LOL
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:10 am

like would i buy "Tide" instead of walmart "Great Value" detergent? YES I WOULD!! Charmin instead of generic? YES I WOULD!! etc..
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:29 am

83 gas. Nothing but premium after that.

Oh, and generic sugar. I'm always afraid I'm gonna sift something weird, like a hoof or something.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:31 am

All my meat would come from the butcher, I wouldn't make my own scrapbooking embellishments, and I would have my hair colored professionally every six weeks.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:18 pm

O yeah, I forgot....EVERYTHING Johnson and Johnsons. Baby oil, nighttime lavendar lotion, alladat. The smell and consistency just can't be matched by Target or Walmart.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:48 am

FireIce918 wrote:O yeah, I forgot....EVERYTHING Johnson and Johnsons. Baby oil, nighttime lavendar lotion, alladat. The smell and consistency just can't be matched by Target or Walmart.

Actually, their lotions are pretty watery. You'll be ashy again in about half an hour after putting it on. Go with Palmer's instead.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:03 am

Probably nothing. We'd likely live the same way we do now. At best, we'd go out to the movies or out to eat a little more frequently. Maybe take an extra day or two down the shore in the summer. But we really don't crave a high lifestyle. Aside from a few things here and there, I can't imagine the actual day to day lifestyle would undergo much change.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:16 am

There isn't anything I would buy differently. I buy what I want now whether it's name brand or not. Somethings I prefer the name brand and others I prefer off brand. I would never give up my Great Value Crinkle Cut French Fries from Wal-Mart.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:19 am

Come to think of it, I would stop buying the store brand disposable razors and honey from BJ's.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:25 pm

I don't make it a point to buy the cheaper brands now. If I won the lottery, I would just buy more of it at one time.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:19 pm

tmontyb wrote:There isn't anything I would buy differently. I buy what I want now whether it's name brand or not. Somethings I prefer the name brand and others I prefer off brand. I would never give up my Great Value Crinkle Cut French Fries from Wal-Mart.

That's how I am too. Some of the store brands are just as good. Food Lion brand garlic breadsticks are as good as it gets.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:15 pm

I don't think I use any particularly cheap brands now, or use any substitutes; but if I won a million dollars, then I probably would seek out more expensive types brands to try.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:20 pm

CeCe wrote:

That's how I am too. Some of the store brands are just as good. Food Lion brand garlic breadsticks are as good as it gets.

Oohh, don't tell about Food Lion. I'll get my ass in my car and drive all the way to Delaware just to get my Food Lion brand tea bags. I love those!!
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:33 pm

tmontyb wrote:

Oohh, don't tell about Food Lion. I'll get my ass in my car and drive all the way to Delaware just to get my Food Lion brand tea bags. I love those!!

ROFLMAO! those breadsticks will go really nice with that tea too!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:25 pm