CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Supernova
Alan Smithee
Jason B.
7 posters

Do you like your mouthwash to burn or use the no burn kind?

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Do you like your mouthwash to burn or use the no burn kind? Empty Do you like your mouthwash to burn or use the no burn kind?

Post by Jason B. Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Do you like your mouthwash to be the kind that "burns"? I do because it tells me that its working.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do you like your mouthwash to burn or use the no burn kind? Empty Re: Do you like your mouthwash to burn or use the no burn kind?

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 pm

I use Listerine.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you like your mouthwash to burn or use the no burn kind? Empty Re: Do you like your mouthwash to burn or use the no burn kind?

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:24 pm

I use generic, I was so relieved when they came out with a no-burn kind, but after trying it I wasn't too sure about it. And it's more expensive, why that is I don't know because I'd think with the alcohol out it would cost less to make, so I've gone back to the regular kind.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:25 pm

I've always used the amber Listerine, which one dentist referred to as kerosene.

I use the blue mint Listerine as a mouthwash, which has cut down on the unpleasantness, but the original is the best for gargling when a sore throat is coming on. It has knocked them out almost before they get started.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:32 pm

Shale wrote:I've always used the amber Listerine, which one dentist referred to as kerosene.

I use the blue mint Listerine as a mouthwash, which has cut down on the unpleasantness, but the original is the best for gargling when a sore throat is coming on. It has knocked them out almost before they get started.

I prefer Zicam lozenges to nip a sore throat/cold in the bud.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:50 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Vomit Don't even mention zinc lozenges to me, I had to take those as a kid for sore throats and not only did they not work, they made me sick to my stomach and even now just thinking about them and that God awful taste is enough to Vomit
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:00 pm

I use Listerine or Scope. Doesn't matter to me. My breath never stinks anyway.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:52 pm

I use regular Listerine; it burns, but that's fine with me. The small price to pay for fresh breath.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 pm

I use listerine... burn baby burn!! I don't mind.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Supernova wrote:
    Alan Smithee wrote:

Vomit Don't even mention zinc lozenges to me, I had to take those as a kid for sore throats and not only did they not work, they made me sick to my stomach and even now just thinking about them and that God awful taste is enough to Vomit

They have zinc in them but these are totally different. Not like sucking on a penny. "Lozenge" was probably the wrong term. I use the quick disolve tablets and if I start taking them as soon as I feel the cold coming on, I usually doesn't get any worse.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I use listerine... burn baby burn!! I don't mind.

It's a good pain, no? I don't use it for my breath. I use it for my teeth and gums.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:35 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
    Supernova wrote:

They have zinc in them but these are totally different. Not like sucking on a penny. "Lozenge" was probably the wrong term. I use the quick disolve tablets and if I start taking them as soon as I feel the cold coming on, I usually doesn't get any worse.

Oh, I was HOPING they would have something improved in...12 years. Holy crap, we still have the lozenges from that long ago, and my mother takes them every time she gets a sore throat and she admits they are still puke-worthy but she manages to stomach them. Not me, I can take the crazy up-down-speed carnival rides but I cannot stomach throat medicine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:34 pm