CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
RedBedroom
Cheaps
CeCe
Supernova
Alan Smithee
9 posters

Burn, baby, burn

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Burn, baby, burn Empty Burn, baby, burn

Post by Alan Smithee Sat May 28, 2011 12:58 pm

We've talked about how we tan. As to the other side of the coin, how badly do you burn? What's the worst you've ever fried yourself? The worst for me was on my feet and ankles. Had everything else covered but for them. I think I might have had sun poisoning because beside the pain of the burn I felt sick to my stomach and had the chills. Ever since that time, I start at the bottom and work my way up when applying the sun screen.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Burn, baby, burn Empty Re: Burn, baby, burn

Post by Supernova Sat May 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Worst sunburn I ever had, I was 12 years old and my shoulders burnt so much that the next day all the skin had blistered and peeled off...fortunately it was a very minor burn, no 6 week recovery stuff like when my mom had 3rd degree burns, but I haven't had it that bad since, but then again, since then my shoulders are permanently tanned.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat May 28, 2011 3:01 pm

It's been a while since there's been a significant burn. The worst was when I was a kid. Couldn't even let the sheet touch it which made sleeping miserable.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat May 28, 2011 10:10 pm

never been sun burnt
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat May 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Last fourth of July was my worst. I was outside all weekend long except for the couple hours I slept each night. We were at an outdoor pro motocross race in Michigan and it was crazy hot and I burned so bad. Then one night, I (long story) ended up scratching my burns in raspberry bushes, so I was a hurting unit when I came home.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat May 28, 2011 11:44 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Last fourth of July was my worst. I was outside all weekend long except for the couple hours I slept each night. We were at an outdoor pro motocross race in Michigan and it was crazy hot and I burned so bad. Then one night, I (long story) ended up scratching my burns in raspberry bushes, so I was a hurting unit when I came home.

Ooh, ouch!

One of the longest nights of my life was partly due to a sunburn. About 15 years ago we went on one of our rafting trips but since we had kids by then it was really nothing more than a float trip. Despite taking precautions, I still got a little burned. Even on my back, although I wore a t-shirt.

Instead of camping in tents, 10-11 of us slept in a bungalow/cabin. My wife and I and two of our close friends shared one room that had one double bed and bunk bed. For whatever reason, we got the bunk bed and because I'm more than a foot taller than my wife, guess who got the top bunk.

We slept on dorm mattresses with vinyl covers. Well, the only bed linen we had were our damp towels. So I'm lying there, trying to keep my sunburned parts from sticking to my bed while I'm about 6" from the ceiling. And all three of those mother fuckers start to snore. They would have drowned out a chain saw. I swear - if I could have figured a way to dispose of the bodies...
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun May 29, 2011 12:18 am

Tanning has to be gradual, and I keep a base tan all winter so I don't burn in the summer when it really gets at a better angle. My tan is my SPF and I'm good for about two hours in the sun before I have to cover up. Ppl with white skin and no artificial SPF will get a sunburn in about 15 minutes in the same sun (My mom did that some years ago while visiting here)

However, all my childhood, every spring and summer I would take my white skin out into the sun and blister and skin would peel off. It was tradition, just like smoking cigarettes. Nobody knew that the annoying skin cancers you get half a century later was caused by all that childhood burning.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun May 29, 2011 1:27 am

alan smithee wrote:
    RedBedroom wrote:Last fourth of July was my worst. I was outside all weekend long except for the couple hours I slept each night. We were at an outdoor pro motocross race in Michigan and it was crazy hot and I burned so bad. Then one night, I (long story) ended up scratching my burns in raspberry bushes, so I was a hurting unit when I came home.

Ooh, ouch!

One of the longest nights of my life was partly due to a sunburn. About 15 years ago we went on one of our rafting trips but since we had kids by then it was really nothing more than a float trip. Despite taking precautions, I still got a little burned. Even on my back, although I wore a t-shirt.

Instead of camping in tents, 10-11 of us slept in a bungalow/cabin. My wife and I and two of our close friends shared one room that had one double bed and bunk bed. For whatever reason, we got the bunk bed and because I'm more than a foot taller than my wife, guess who got the top bunk.

We slept on dorm mattresses with vinyl covers. Well, the only bed linen we had were our damp towels. So I'm lying there, trying to keep my sunburned parts from sticking to my bed while I'm about 6" from the ceiling. And all three of those mother fuckers start to snore. They would have drowned out a chain saw. I swear - if I could have figured a way to dispose of the bodies...
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun May 29, 2011 3:26 am

I don't get sunburned.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun May 29, 2011 8:55 am

Once at the beach I fell asleep on my stomach and when I woke up, man was I burned. I remember taking a cool bath with white vinegar in the water and that helped. Peeling time was fun too, itchy, I had to have lotion put on my back constantly. I never did that again.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun May 29, 2011 9:31 am

Its never happened to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content