Who Would Come to My Funeral? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Would Come to My Funeral?

Go down 
+5
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Supernova
Shale
Tony Marino
Marc™
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Who Would Come to My Funeral? Empty
PostSubject: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:07 am

Have you ever wondered who would come to your funeral when you die....aside from the usual relatives who you see on holidays and those friends you occasionally go to the movies with? If you died tomorrow, would you want a extravagant funeral, or a small quiet gathering?
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 am

Small quiet gathering, immediate family only.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:14 am

I have no set plans for my disposal. My stepdaughter who gets my bank accounts is charged with getting me cremated & cleaning out my apt. (If she does neither, it ain't my problem) big grin

There are no plans even for a memorial service, just burn me and get rid of the ashes. They could take a cruise and dump me at sea, or flush the ashes in a toilet (eventually it gets to the Atlantic Ocean from here).
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:11 pm

Let's see, there'd be my parents, my brother, maybe my sisters, our next door neighbors, and that's it.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:01 pm

I don't want one.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:20 pm

I think a fair amount of people would come to mine.

But it's entirely up to the husband. Services are for the family. I'd rather he save the money and hassle.

However, if I do have a service, he is instructed to blast Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit In the Sky" at the end of it.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Bluesmama wrote:
I think a fair amount of people would come to mine.

But it's entirely up to the husband. Services are for the family. I'd rather he save the money and hassle.

However, if I do have a service, he is instructed to blast Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit In the Sky" at the end of it.

That's a good song. At one funeral, the plan was to play Queen's "Who Wants to live Forever", but the guy hit the wrong button and instead it played "Another One Bites the Dust"!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:49 pm

*knocks on wood* I don't like to think about this, but I know my funeral will be packed. Everybody I know will come and so will the folks that my parents know and they know a lot of people. Doesn't have to be extravagant, just put me away nice. And I want to be buried in the wall, not in the ground. And a selection of Bob Marley songs softly playing in the background.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:00 pm

I'd like a nice Irish wake when the time comes. Lots of laughing and no crying. No funeral. Taxidermy.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
I'd like a nice Irish wake when the time comes. Lots of laughing and no crying. No funeral. Taxidermy.

And green beer. beer
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Bluesmama wrote:
Alan Smithee wrote:

And green beer. beer

At the very least!
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:26 am

I would probably draw a decent crowd. But, as it was when we had Mom's memorial, there are a bunch that come to just be able to say they did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Would Come to My Funeral?   Who Would Come to My Funeral? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Would Come to My Funeral?
Page 1 of 1