Funeral receptions Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Funeral receptions

Go down 
+5
Tony Marino
Bluesmama
Nystyle709
CeCe
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:33 am

Aren't funeral receptions weird? An hour after the somber funeral and burial, everyone is squabbling over food, laughing and joking. And those who aren't are almost browbeat into eating by the usually older family members.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:54 am

Yeah I'm not crazy about them at all.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:29 am

They turn into parties in my family. After you mourn the death....you celebrate the life.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:37 am

The only funeral reception I ever enjoyed was at our house when my father died, and the place was packed inside and out with friends and old timers (not many relatives) and lots of good food. Didn't feel guilty at all. My dad was a social bird who liked people, and he would have approved.

Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:34 pm

The wake is usually like one big reunion then then the celebration after. Supposedly its to celebrate the life of the deceased, personally I could do without the after party.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:42 pm

I would much rather have the (respectful) party atmosphere than witness the competition between the widow and his sisters as to who could mourn the loudest. Have you ever been to a funeral where someone had to be restrained from throwing themselves on the csaket as it was being lowered? I know Tony has 'cause he's Italian. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:51 pm

I don't enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:16 pm

I've actually started bringing my camera to any funeral receptions I go to--it's a bit morbid at the time, snapping pictures, but afterwards, everyone really is glad to see the photos.

Unfortunately, it seems that the only time some families (like mine) get together is weddings and funerals, so I figure why not get a few pictures--everyone's together. I don't do anything disrespectful, though, like photograph the coffin, but for the most part, it seems to make others more able to focus on celebrating the life, not the loss.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
Have you ever been to a funeral where someone had to be restrained from throwing themselves on the csaket as it was being lowered? I know Tony has 'cause he's Italian. Wink

What's kinda-sorta' funny about this, is that my brother Tony (yep, that's his name) dang near did just that at his wife's service. (But we're Azoreans, not Italian.)

It was the hardest funeral I ever attended.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:
I've actually started bringing my camera to any funeral receptions I go to--it's a bit morbid at the time, snapping pictures, but afterwards, everyone really is glad to see the photos.

Unfortunately, it seems that the only time some families (like mine) get together is weddings and funerals, so I figure why not get a few pictures--everyone's together. I don't do anything disrespectful, though, like photograph the coffin, but for the most part, it seems to make others more able to focus on celebrating the life, not the loss.

It's a good idea.

My daughter's funeral was likely the ONLY time that both sides of our family will ever be together. I really, really wish I or someone had thought about photographs when everyone gathered at our house. But at the time it was the farthest thing from my mind.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
I would much rather have the (respectful) party atmosphere than witness the competition between the widow and his sisters as to who could mourn the loudest. Have you ever been to a funeral where someone had to be restrained from throwing themselves on the csaket as it was being lowered? I know Tony has 'cause he's Italian. Wink

A typical Southern Baptist funeral.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:12 pm

It is kind of weird but I don't mind it as much if it's kept at the after party. But the funeral is something that should be solemn and respectful, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:40 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

A typical Southern Baptist funeral.

I didn't know southern baptists were Italian. Learn something new everyday! Wink
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

I didn't know southern baptists were Italian. Learn something new everyday! Wink

I should rephrase that. A typical southern Baptist black folks funeral.
Most Italians are Catholic. I can't imagine their funerals to be anything other than somber.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:58 pm

I can't speak for all Italian families but the two funerals I went to were loud. Maybe it's just Brooklyn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Funeral receptions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funeral receptions   Funeral receptions Empty

Back to top Go down

Funeral receptions
Page 1 of 1