CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

women who do a job more defined by male employees vs. women in the military...

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

women who do a job more defined by male employees vs. women in the military... Empty women who do a job more defined by male employees vs. women in the military...

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:54 am

I recently had a discussion about this. Someone who works as a prison guard told me that women who try to work such a job as prison guard are the same as those who enter the military.

I disagree with that thought. I think it takes a very specific dedicated person to join the military. And for a woman to do that, she knows what she wants from it, and the risks, and dedicates.

I can't agree that a female who hires on to be a prison guard (or any other male dominated field) has the same level of dedication because it is two different things, and the job of prison guard can be walked away from with ease.

Thoughts?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

women who do a job more defined by male employees vs. women in the military... Empty Re: women who do a job more defined by male employees vs. women in the military...

Post by Supernova Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:16 am

I don't know, sure they have the opportunity to walk away, but is it an easy one? Or if she does, is it because she can't handle it, she can't do the work right, because she's not a man and she has no place being there in the first place? 21st bloody century or not women are STILL subjected to this ass backwards scrutiny, particularly from their male coworkers.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

women who do a job more defined by male employees vs. women in the military... Empty Re: women who do a job more defined by male employees vs. women in the military...

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:30 am

RedBedroom wrote:I recently had a discussion about this. Someone who works as a prison guard told me that women who try to work such a job as prison guard are the same as those who enter the military.

I disagree with that thought. I think it takes a very specific dedicated person to join the military. And for a woman to do that, she knows what she wants from it, and the risks, and dedicates.

I can't agree that a female who hires on to be a prison guard (or any other male dominated field) has the same level of dedication because it is two different things, and the job of prison guard can be walked away from with ease.

Thoughts?

Mmmm. Sometimes yes and sometimes no. There are women in the military who are not in harm's way. At least not from enemy combatants. Her comrades are another story. Female corrections officers (especially in male prisons) have to put up with the same bullshit and worse.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:39 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I recently had a discussion about this. Someone who works as a prison guard told me that women who try to work such a job as prison guard are the same as those who enter the military.

Thoughts?

I would have ignorantly agreed with what the person you talked to said, but you made your point. I would guess that prison guard male or female would just need to have hard enough of an attitude to work in such an environment, while soldiers on the other hand would need to have a mentality that where commitment and endurance is prevalent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:19 am