CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Nystyle709
Shale
Nhaiyel
Tony Marino
Supernova
Chris
10 posters

Women in traditionally 'male' professions

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Women in traditionally 'male' professions Empty Women in traditionally 'male' professions

Post by Chris Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:22 am

Are you comfortable with women in service jobs that usually employ men? In other words; if a woman showed up to fix your plumbing, to do construction work on your house, or was the one who was going to work on your cars transmission when you take it to a mechanic, would you be as comfortable with the situation as you would if it were a man doing these things?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Women in traditionally 'male' professions Empty Re: Women in traditionally 'male' professions

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:00 am

Maybe more so.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Women in traditionally 'male' professions Empty Re: Women in traditionally 'male' professions

Post by Tony Marino Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:01 am

Sure why not? She would not be in the profession if she didn't know what she was doing.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:20 am

I'm no hater, and won't demand a man over a woman, but sometimes with certain projects I'd rather she be a he.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:24 am

Tony Marino wrote:Sure why not? She would not be in the profession if she didn't know what she was doing.
    co-signs

However, I expect my plumbers to show a butt crack when bending under the sink.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:26 am

Yeah. I know a lot about certain male dominated hobbies or interests.....and I'm sure I'm not the only woman that does.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:37 am

Opa Shale wrote:
    co-signs

However, I expect my plumbers to show a butt crack when bending under the sink.

LMAO!
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:38 am

If you could do the job, I have no problem whether a man or woman comes, just get my shit fixed please.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:15 am

cheaps wrote:If you could do the job, I have no problem whether a man or woman comes, just get my shit fixed please.

LOL. Word.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:05 pm

As long as she knew what she was doing. Same requirement for a man.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:14 pm

We used to have a female building inspector who went through a horrible time with the contractors when she first started (before I was hired). A few even threatened her. But she was good and held her job for several years. I think her super-easygoing personality made the bastards even angrier because she would't play that game.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:I'm no hater, and won't demand a man over a woman, but sometimes with certain projects I'd rather she be a he.

Basically. I remember one time I was having computer trouble and called the cable company and got a female service tech. and immediately thought to myself that she wasn't gonna know what she was talking about...and she didn't. After a half hour of aimless trouble shooting, I finally hung up with her with the problem unresolved. An hour later I called back and got a man, and within 5 minutes the issue was fixed. Don't get me wrong, some female know what they were doing and are able to help....but it seems like whenever I come across somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about when it comes to these types of jobs, it more likely a female than a male.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Bluesmama wrote:We used to have a female building inspector who went through a horrible time with the contractors when she first started (before I was hired). A few even threatened her. But she was good and held her job for several years. I think her super-easygoing personality made the bastards even angrier because she would't play that game.

It's a shame that she was treated like that and good for her not feeling she had to become an uber-bitch (although it sounds like she would have been justified). I hope she reported the assholes that threatened her. Did they really think that was the way to get their CO? My wife works in the male dominated truck repair business as a warranty administrator.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:09 am