CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

Prisoners at the Kitchen Table by Barbara Holland

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Prisoners at the Kitchen Table by Barbara Holland Empty Prisoners at the Kitchen Table by Barbara Holland

Post by Supernova Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:12 pm

Prisoners at the Kitchen Table by Barbara Holland 0395289696

This is a book from the 70s, so it had to have been my older sister's...I don't know where I ever found it but one day when I was, I guess 7 or 8, it was just 'there'.

It's about this boy and girl, he's poorer and more withdrawn, she's rich and loud and boastful and overly confident, one day they get kidnapped by a couple claiming to be the girl's aunt and uncle who hadn't seen her since she was 2 years old. And I remember the book brought up an interesting point, the boy thinks about how in school when they were taught about strangers and would-be kidnappers, nobody EVER told you what to do when somebody pretended to be a family member. Anyway, they're kidnapped, taken to an old farm house and ransomed for $100,000, and the kids have to figure a way to endure the passing days of just sitting around watching TV while trying to find a way to escape.

I really need to reread this book, I still have it on my bookcase, I remember the beginning, some of the middle, and the end, but I DON'T remember how the cops ever found the kids at the end. Something happened to this book and it was reprinted some years back with about 30 pages missing from the story...why this was done, nobody knows, except the publishers would be my guess..so if you can find the original I'd say you're very lucky. Did anybody else have this book as a kid or read it?

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:42 am