Are you afraid of hospitals? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you afraid of hospitals?

Go down 
+6
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Supernova
Shale
Nystyle709
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Are you afraid of hospitals? Empty
PostSubject: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:05 am

Are you afraid of hospitals? Silly as it may sound, some people go years/decades without getting themselves checked out, because they think if they go in they won't come back out; that doctors will always find something seriously wrong. So, how about you? Does going to the hospital/clinic freak you out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:30 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:37 am

I was a Certified Nursing Assistant for years. I am not freaked out by hospitals per se, but I am very concerned about the real dangers of nosocomial infections one can (and often does) pick up there.

Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Areus (MRSA) is a very real and all too common threat to anyone in a hospital. So yeah, I do not like going into hospitals as a patient and being put in harms way of contracting a nasty or even fatal infection there.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:26 pm

Chris wrote:
Are you afraid of hospitals? Silly as it may sound, some people go years/decades without getting themselves checked out, because they think if they go in they won't come back out; that doctors will always find something seriously wrong. So, how about you? Does going to the hospital/clinic freak you out?

It doesn't sound silly to me. I don't trust doctors. I haven't been in a hospital since I was born, I didn't go there when I almost broke my ankle, I didn't go there when I had bruises that lasted a whole year, I didn't go when I had a nosebleed for 2 hours, and I don't intend to go anytime in the future either.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:36 pm

I would rather not go to a hospital but no, they don't freak me out.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:11 pm

I'm not afraid of hospitals
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:40 am

Supernova wrote:

It doesn't sound silly to me. I don't trust doctors. I haven't been in a hospital since I was born, I didn't go there when I almost broke my ankle, I didn't go there when I had bruises that lasted a whole year, I didn't go when I had a nosebleed for 2 hours, and I don't intend to go anytime in the future either.

LOL. You gotta be kidding me.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:11 am

They don't freak me out.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:10 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL. You gotta be kidding me.

Nope. We don't have much faith in doctors. My mother's best friend's granddaughter was in a car accident and the doctors rended her brain dead and pushed the parents to pull the plug so they could take her organs out to save other lives. When the autopsy came back they found out she was not brain dead but had a blood clot on the brain that could have been surgically removed to save her life, and her mother asked the doctors about that in the first place but ooooooh no, they didn't have insurance so it was that she didn't have a blood clot, she was brain dead and would never recover so it was better to just kill her.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:39 am

Supernova wrote:

Nope. We don't have much faith in doctors. My mother's best friend's granddaughter was in a car accident and the doctors rended her brain dead and pushed the parents to pull the plug so they could take her organs out to save other lives. When the autopsy came back they found out she was not brain dead but had a blood clot on the brain that could have been surgically removed to save her life, and her mother asked the doctors about that in the first place but ooooooh no, they didn't have insurance so it was that she didn't have a blood clot, she was brain dead and would never recover so it was better to just kill her.

So what exactly would you do if you were to get seriously injured or sick?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:40 pm

If it was serious, then I'd consider going, but nothing I've had so far has been serious enough to warrant a visit to the sawbones.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:42 pm

I'm more afraid of what could happen if I don't go.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:01 pm

Marc™ wrote:
I'm more afraid of what could happen if I don't go.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:17 am

Supernova wrote:
If it was serious, then I'd consider going, but nothing I've had so far has been serious enough to warrant a visit to the sawbones.

You were bleeding for two hrs straight (not attributed to a menstrual cycle) and that wasn't enough for you to go to the doctor?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:37 am

No because as it turned out, it was a big blood clot about 1/3 the size of my hand and had to be blown out. Once we figured that out, it just took two Kleenex and that was the end of that. That was last December and I haven't had anything like that since.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:31 am

Nobody likes hospitals but I aint afraid of them and wont let a sickness get worse because I would rather not go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you afraid of hospitals?   Are you afraid of hospitals? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you afraid of hospitals?
Page 1 of 1