Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?

Go down 
+9
Marc™
wants2laugh
TSJFan4Ever
RobbieFTW
Nystyle709
CeCe
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
Supernova
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? Empty
PostSubject: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 pm

After seeing Amityville, and even though I know it's a lot of bull, it did get me to thinking, would you buy a house that had a notorious history for being the site of a gruesome murder? I don't think I would.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:05 pm

I wouldn't. I think that because I wouldn't want the occasional person coming by to "see the place where...".
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:06 pm

True, and there'd probably be at least ONE neighbor who acts like you don't know the story, 'hey did you know that ____ years ago there was...' No thank you.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Unless it was a "dream house" and we got a really good deal I would probably pass because I wouldn't want to be the next one stuck with a hause that was too hard to sell because of it's history.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:27 pm

That's a good point too, Alan, about the resale value. Hadn't thought of that one.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 9:22 pm

It would really depend on the "vibe" of the house. There were a couple that were just...no.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:41 am

It would have to.be dream house that I would not plan on selling anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 am

Long as the body aint still there.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:44 pm

Several years ago, some guy went psyco and murdered his wife and little boy who was five years old. He then shot himself. It took forever for the house to sell and they had to REALLY drop it in price. It finally sold after being on the market for something like a year or more and it was sold for far less than they'd been asking, and this was originally listed as over a million dollars.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:56 pm

wow but people r sick--- u know how many people visit the borden house? i'd buy it and give tours! make a ton of money selling ghosts
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:44 pm

wants2laugh wrote:
wow but people r sick--- u know how many people visit the borden house? i'd buy it and give tours! make a ton of money selling ghosts

I actually think I'd like to go there someday and see it.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:26 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

But what if it wasn't haunted? What would you do then? Start staging ghost sightings until your plans are foiled by four kids and a huge Great Dane? "...and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!" big grin
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:00 am

If the house is perfect otherwise, then yes I would.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:51 am

It depends on how recent it was, but I'd really prefer to not (or at the very least not know about it if there had been.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 5:05 am

Depends on the price and if there are any other choices on my list.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:17 am

I would hesitate but could be convinced if the price was right and if the murder wasn't so infamous that everybody knew my address.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:38 am

I live in a city and rent apartments. Who knows how many ppl have been murdered in any of the apts I've lived in. I know of one within a block of my present place where a couple ppl were murdered but I'm sure the current tenants don't. Those things get lost real quick in big cities. Clean up the blood, spackle over the bullet holes & repaint, good as new.

Now, next time you're in the hospital, think of how many ppl have died on the very mattress your lying on.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:42 am

Shale wrote:
I live in a city and rent apartments. Who knows how many ppl have been murdered in any of the apts I've lived in. I know of one within a block of my present place where a couple ppl were murdered but I'm sure the current tenants don't. Those things get lost real quick in big cities. Clean up the blood, spackle over the bullet holes & repaint, remove the chalk outline from the floor, good as new.

Now, next time you're in the hospital, think of how many ppl have died on the very mattress your lying on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?   Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?
Page 1 of 1