CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

How much does a motel/hotel near you cost?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How much does a motel/hotel near you cost? Empty How much does a motel/hotel near you cost?

Post by Supernova Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:31 pm

I did some checking last night and found out to spend a night in the Super 8 here costs about $77 for one person, whereas at the Holiday Inn here, one night in a double bed room is $90, oddly enough I thought motels were supposed to be (a lot) cheaper since they were basically a stop-in-and-rest place and not come-in-and-enjoy-yourself place like hotels.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

How much does a motel/hotel near you cost? Empty Re: How much does a motel/hotel near you cost?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Supernova wrote:I did some checking last night and found out to spend a night in the Super 8 here costs about $77 for one person, whereas at the Holiday Inn here, one night in a double bed room is $90, oddly enough I thought motels were supposed to be (a lot) cheaper since they were basically a stop-in-and-rest place and not come-in-and-enjoy-yourself place like hotels.

Compared to what? A 5 star hotel? The rates you mentioned seem about right. Maybe even cheaper than what I would expect but I'm sure there are less expensive ones out there. Have you tried the Bates Motel?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How much does a motel/hotel near you cost? Empty Re: How much does a motel/hotel near you cost?

Post by Supernova Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:10 pm

We had another motel here a few years back, not a chain one, looked kind of like the Bates place, was probably dirt cheap too, we never knew anybody that ever stayed there. of course we don't know a lot of people who would stay at the Super 8 here either, and nobody that ever checked into the Holiday Inn.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:59 pm

A lot.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 am

Those prices are about the same for the places around my town. Except there's one down the street that's half the price, but that's like the hooker hotel nobody admits to going too...
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:08 am

Well at my hotel, right now it can range from 69-89 for the weekdays, and can jump from 109-149 on the weekends, depending on if anything is going on, which is usually the case throughout summer. Those are our summer pricing. Its dips lower in the winter, when were not as busy.

And pricing does range on what kind of hotel your staying, we have higher price hotels here too, and even cheaper ones.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:23 am