CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

One Step Beyond

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

One Step Beyond Empty One Step Beyond

Post by Supernova Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:01 am

Not as popular as the Twilight Zone, that's for sure, but One Step Beyond came out at the same time and dealt with supposedly 'real' stories that dabbled in the paranormal and supernatural. Has anybody seen this show?

I got a 4 episode DVD from Dollar General a few years back, then found a 50 episode pack in a $5 bin at Wal-Mart, for that price, why the hell not, right? VERY interesting stuff.

There was one episode where in 1912 a woman kept having nightmares of being on a ship and sinking, and she and her husband wound up boarding the Titanic. After the show, the host came out and pointed out something that is very real and very hard to believe: several years before the Titanic ever saw the ocean, there was a book written called The Titan about the largest ship in the world and its measurements match the Titanic's almost EXACTLY, and the book also told about the ship hitting an iceberg on a night in April and sinking...if memory serves that book came out about 14 years before the Titanic made headlines, so you really have to wonder, how the hell could the writer have known?

This is one of my favorite episodes, The Last Round:

I think the whole show does tend to make you wonder, what if? And I really can't see how this didn't catch on, sure the Twilight Zone had more outrageous ideas but they were pure fiction whereas One Step Beyond had the allure of it might be real, and truth is stranger than fiction, and what's strange often sells.
    tamiznluv
    tamiznluv
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

One Step Beyond Empty Re: One Step Beyond

Post by tamiznluv Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:18 pm

I remember that show, Supernova.I forget the name of the host but I seem to recall he was a handsome blondish fellow. I don't know how long it lasted, I was a kid and did not notice things like that, but I may not remember the stories but I remember the feeling of dread and confusion I used to get from watching the show.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:35 am

SN I have the same box set I think you have, I was on overstock.com one day and I saw it, didn't know it, but it sounded interesting so I sent for it because it was really cheap. I watched a couple episodes, forgot which ones now.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:20 am

bump I got 2 new volumes of this show for Christmas, my mom absolutely REFUSES to say where she found them but I know they didn't come from Amazon because after the holiday I went through the orders to make sure everything I ordered had come. 10 new episodes to watch, good stuff, too bad they never tried rebooting this series, could be good.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Supernova wrote: bump I got 2 new volumes of this show for Christmas, my mom absolutely REFUSES to say where she found them but I know they didn't come from Amazon because after the holiday I went through the orders to make sure everything I ordered had come. 10 new episodes to watch, good stuff, too bad they never tried rebooting this series, could be good.

I am obsessed you must find where to get them!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:13 am