With all the technology we have. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

With all the technology we have.

Go down 
+3
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
Impact
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

With all the technology we have. Empty
PostSubject: With all the technology we have.   With all the technology we have. EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:04 am

Why are we still opening cans with a can opener?
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: With all the technology we have.   With all the technology we have. EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:16 am

What else would we open them with?

Some now have them tabs on top, like your opening a can of soda.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: With all the technology we have.   With all the technology we have. EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:47 am

I was opening a can last night with our very old but still working electric can opener and had the thought that I hope we still have a manual can opener somewhere in the jar for the day this one unexpectedly shits the bed.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: With all the technology we have.   With all the technology we have. EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:41 am

I was opening cans last night with my hand can opener. I had to buy a new because my old got dull and rusty.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: With all the technology we have.   With all the technology we have. EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:42 am

cheaps wrote:
What else would we open them with?

A knife, like my grandma and my mother used to do.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: With all the technology we have.   With all the technology we have. EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:47 pm

We used to have an electric can opener but a neighbor of ours cut her thumb on hers so badly she needed stitches and lost a LOT of blood and the thumb wasn't too good after that, so when ours started acting up, we never replaced it and just use a hand crank opener as well...you can keep the new technology, at least this way I know I'm not going to get cut.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: With all the technology we have.   With all the technology we have. EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:47 pm

They've already 'beamed' protons from one place to another.

I'm waiting for the Transporter Can Emptier to beam the contents from the can to the pan.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: With all the technology we have.   With all the technology we have. EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Supernova wrote:
We used to have an electric can opener but a neighbor of ours cut her thumb on hers so badly she needed stitches and lost a LOT of blood and the thumb wasn't too good after that, so when ours started acting up, we never replaced it and just use a hand crank opener as well...you can keep the new technology, at least this way I know I'm not going to get cut.

Sorry for her injury but it sounds like she's a spastic. A manual opener takes two hands to operate. An electric opener, barely one. Accidents happen but that's still half the risk of cutting yourself. As cheraps said, some cans now have pop tops but the edge of the lid is still pretty sharp.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: With all the technology we have.   With all the technology we have. EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Our old one only required holding the can in place with one hand and pressing the lever down with the other, so I really can't figure out HOW she got it cut, but I wouldn't want to find out either. I cut my thumb a couple of times other ways and with all the blood lost then, I couldn't even imagine the damage the opener must've done to hers.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: With all the technology we have.   With all the technology we have. EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I used a can opener. Most things today come in twist or pull tops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With all the technology we have.   With all the technology we have. Empty

Back to top Go down

With all the technology we have.
Page 1 of 1