CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
wants2laugh
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
CatEyes10736
Alan Smithee
Shale
Chris
Marc™
Tony Marino
Supernova
14 posters

Do you think the End Times are upon us?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you think the End Times are upon us? Empty Do you think the End Times are upon us?

Post by Supernova Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:16 pm

To those of you who believe in it anyway, what're your thoughts? All year we've been hearing 'worst blizzards in 30 years' 'worst tornadoes in 50 years', hurricanes and earthquakes erupting together, on top of a massive crop failure this year for the first time in (around here anyway) longer than I've been alive. My mom's starting to get nervous about it and I can't help but wonder also.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Do you think the End Times are upon us? Empty Re: Do you think the End Times are upon us?

Post by Tony Marino Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Living here on the East Coast and having survived the nastiest weather in history I would believe it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Do you think the End Times are upon us? Empty Re: Do you think the End Times are upon us?

Post by Marc™ Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:29 pm

*** hold me ***
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:50 pm

I don't think too deeply into all the silly paranoia and conspiracy theories; but I will feel better in 2013.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Chris wrote:I don't think too deeply into all the silly paranoia and conspiracy theories; but I will feel better in 2013.

Yeah my mother says the day isn't right but she's wondering if 2012 will be the end. I doubt it, I think we're just getting a 20 year head start on the next recession/depression etc., earlier we were discussing the Dust Bowl and she said it's just like Texas now, no rain for months and high temperatures, all the cattle there is dying so you can be sure beef and milk prices are going to skyrocket soon. Aside from the earthquakes and hurricanes, I don't think it's going to be anything too new from what we had in 1929.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Why worry about it? If it is end times, and we assume that all things must end, what you gonna do about it? It will happen when it happens.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Chris wrote:I don't think too deeply into all the silly paranoia and conspiracy theories; but I will feel better in 2013.
    co-signs
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Of course I HOPE not and logically I know better than to buy into this kind of talk but who knows? It gives me the slight creeps.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:00 pm

I certainly don't see how any Christian can actually profess to believe that we are in the end times.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:09 pm

No I do not. The 'end of time' is another 5 billion years away. I won't be here anyway.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:12 am

the nuns preached to us that in the end of days there would be blizzards, volcanoes, tidal waves, earthquakes like never seen before. I have seen my athiest brother turn to God this week which was freaky in itself, had a flood hit my car and my house, now an earthquake in New Jersey---- yeah the end is near!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:18 pm

^^^^Nuns shouldn't be preaching that. They were misquoting Church teaching. Wink
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:22 pm

Didnt the prophets in the old testament preach that too??? havent read my bible much lately, but doesnt the isiahs, ezekiels, and other prophets talk of earthquakes and end times?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:48 pm

wants2laugh wrote:...---- yeah the end is near!

How true, yet in cosmic terms that could still be a few billion years. Blue Cool
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:34 pm

wants2laugh wrote:Didnt the prophets in the old testament preach that too??? havent read my bible much lately, but doesnt the isiahs, ezekiels, and other prophets talk of earthquakes and end times?

Jesus mentioned that all of that stuff was gonna come before the end times. Hence, just because we see a lot of bad weather does NOT mean that it's the end times. lol The most important Bible verse to remember about the end times is the "no man knows the day nor the hour" verse. In other words, nobody knows when it's going to end and it's silly and pointless to speculate.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:52 pm

As Shale pointed out, if these are the end of times what can anyone do about it? Anyway, anyone who has studied Earth science knows that cycles repeat themselves. The Earth doesn't look anything like it did millions of years ago and it's ever evolving. It's been through ever changing weather conditions and quakes, volcanoes, etc. I would not put any stock into any religious prophesies. My thing is if anyone can really predict the future, them the the damn Powerball numbers for next week.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Prohets of Doom have been saying "the end is near" for thousands of years. One of these days they'll be right.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:50 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:

Jesus mentioned that all of that stuff was gonna come before the end times. Hence, just because we see a lot of bad weather does NOT mean that it's the end times. lol The most important Bible verse to remember about the end times is the "no man knows the day nor the hour" verse. In other words, nobody knows when it's going to end and it's silly and pointless to speculate.

I don't entirely agree with this, for the most part yes if it's about to hit us, there is not much that can be done in regards to it; but for some people there's still one matter that needs resolving and that's getting right with the Lord, so I do think for some it's important to consider.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:56 pm

We're all gonna die.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:43 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:

I always get a kick out of the idiots who think that know though! lol
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:24 am

Impact wrote:We're all gonna die.
    Do you think the End Times are upon us? Behindsofa
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:40 am

LMAO!
    CeCe wrote:
    Do you think the End Times are upon us? Behindsofa
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:

And likewise, God's timetable is far different than ours--we could very well be in the "End Times", but that to Him could mean a 100 year period, a 500 year period or whatever, starting at "X" time on God's calendar. So it's best to just live your daily life, keeping your focus on what God wants for you, has planned for you, and let Him worry about the rest.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:25 pm

Supernova wrote:

I don't entirely agree with this, for the most part yes if it's about to hit us, there is not much that can be done in regards to it; but for some people there's still one matter that needs resolving and that's getting right with the Lord, so I do think for some it's important to consider.
    Well, people should be getting right with the Lord no matter what. And it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the end times. Odds are, every one of us will be dead in a century. We KNOW that our death is coming within a certain timeframe. We could die at any time. THAT should be our motivation for getting right with the Lord. Why people need the entire planet's life to be set for demise before they get their own affairs in order, I don't know.

Say we knew that the world would end in 20 weeks, but in 19 weeks, 6 days, we get hit by a bus. WHY is it people got such a desire to guess the end of the world? I never do understand that. It'll end when it ends. Worry about your own death. The earth may very well still be here for thousands of years. But we know for sure that we'll be croaking relatively soon in the grand scheme of things. So who cares about the end times? Whether it be with the rest of the world or alone in a hospital bed, it doesn't really matter what causes our death. We still need to be right with the Lord when it happens. And therefore, fretting about the end times seems more an impediment to getting right with the Lord than a help. Afterall, if you're ignoring him on no man being able to know when the end is coming, then you're probably ignoring him on other things as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:25 pm