Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Empty
PostSubject: Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West   Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Has anybody here read this book?

I have not and I'd like to go a step further and say I have no plans to. For one thing I'm a firm believer that books pertaining to the characters and settings involved in the Wizard of Oz should be clean and child friendly, that's why L. Frank Baum's series has remained popular for over 100 years, and from there the continuing series by his illustrator, children, grandchildren I believe, and Ruth Plumly Thompson.

And for another thing, this idea that Elphaba (huh?) is the poor picked on girl while Glinda is the popular blonde in what, a witches academy, and that she never really BECOMES the Wicked Witch but is just dropped in the role, and spends the entire book with no meaning in her entire life...you know I really have to wonder what that author was drinking when he came up with this idea, sounds like an elixir to kill good writing to me, but that's just my opinion. Anybody else want to take a crack at this one?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West   Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Supernova wrote:
Has anybody here read this book?

I have not and I'd like to go a step further and say I have no plans to. For one thing I'm a firm believer that books pertaining to the characters and settings involved in the Wizard of Oz should be clean and child friendly, that's why L. Frank Baum's series has remained popular for over 100 years, and from there the continuing series by his illustrator, children, grandchildren I believe, and Ruth Plumly Thompson.

And for another thing, this idea that Elphaba (huh?) is the poor picked on girl while Glinda is the popular blonde in what, a witches academy, and that she never really BECOMES the Wicked Witch but is just dropped in the role, and spends the entire book with no meaning in her entire life...you know I really have to wonder what that author was drinking when he came up with this idea, sounds like an elixir to kill good writing to me, but that's just my opinion. Anybody else want to take a crack at this one?

Yeah. I saw the musical and loved it. I think it has a happier ending than the book. I hope they make a movie out of it.
Back to top Go down
allison13
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West   Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:01 pm

I read this book a few years ago and you are on the right track about this being on the dark side.It's not for every taste but I enjoyed it.
I've never seen the musical but its on my list as soon as I can come up with the bucks!I may have to wait for the movie,lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West   Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West Empty

Back to top Go down

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
Page 1 of 1