Would you support your child cutting class/school? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you support your child cutting class/school?

Go down 
+7
Shale
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Supernova
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Would you support your child cutting class/school? Empty
PostSubject: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:07 pm

Did you ever cut class or even an entire day of school? If so, what would you do if you found out your kid had done the same thing?

Obviously I never had that option, but if it was a one time thing I'd let it slide, kids need breaks from school too, and when adults call in sick days when they're not sick, we can't really expect kids to go to school every single day when they hate it either, can we?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Quote :

If there was a good reason. Just a "mental health" day isn't a good enough reason.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

If there was a good reason. Just a "mental health" day isn't a good enough reason.

Same here.

A few years ago, I let my son skip a day as I had the first week day off in forever and I wanted to have a day for just the two of us. But that was the first and only time I did such a thing.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:28 am

Never cut class...never cut school. I won't allow my kids to stay home from school unless they were sick
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:31 am

Cutting out on homeschool classes? Don't think that'd be a problem. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:28 am

I would not support excessive cutting of classes.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Never cut class...never cut school. I won't allow my kids to stay home from school unless they were sick
Ditto! I never even thot about cutting class when in school. (except to pray for snow - but if the cruel school board did not close the schools, I trudged thru the snow to get there).
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Every so often my mom would let me.

I didn't see the big deal, I made up the work for it. Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 pm

cheaps wrote:
Every so often my mom would let me.

I didn't see the big deal, I made up the work for it. Shrugs (Oh well…)

Yeah I really don't see what the big deal is either, I highly doubt whatever day the kid ditches is going to be the day they unravel the mysteries or the universe or discover a cure for cancer.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:11 pm

I did cut and i would let my kid slide or take off if he/she wanted to once in every blue moon. We forget how much pressure kids are under. How EVERYONE bosses them around, from us to teachers, school bus drivers, hall monitors, bullies, and even the lunch ladies! They need a break once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:47 pm

wants2laugh wrote:
I did cut and i would let my kid slide or take off if he/she wanted to once in every blue moon. We forget how much pressure kids are under. How EVERYONE bosses them around, from us to teachers, school bus drivers, hall monitors, bullies, and even the lunch ladies! They need a break once in a while.

Amen! Like Ferris Bueller said, life goes pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you might miss it.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:59 pm

My parents never let me cut class; there were times they sent me to school while I was on the verge of getting sick. I have basically the same mentality with my daughter, although I think her mother has let her play hooky a few times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:34 am

Opa Shale wrote:

Ditto! I never even thot about cutting class when in school. (except to pray for snow - but if the cruel school board did not close the schools, I trudged thru the snow to get there).

What's ironic is that I could've cut school easily. My mother left for work before I got up to go and came home after I got home. As much as I loathe getting up in the morning back then (and still do), I can't believe I still dragged myself up to go to school when I could've easily played hooky more than a few times.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:32 am

Opa Shale wrote:

And I'll bet you had to walk up hill. Both ways! Wink
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:30 am

Every now and then my momma would let me take the day off from school, but it wasn't often. Maybe like once a school year, if that. If the kid is doing well, then I can see letting him have a Friday off every once and a while.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:13 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

And I'll bet you had to walk up hill. Both ways! Wink

You make me sound like an exagerator. At least trudging thru the waist-deep snow kept the dinosaurs from chasin' us.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Opa Shale wrote:

You make me sound like an exagerator. At least trudging thru the waist-deep snow kept the dinosaurs from chasin' us.

Now see...I only thought you had to deal with Indian attacks Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you support your child cutting class/school?   Would you support your child cutting class/school? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1