Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?

Go down 
+5
Alan Smithee
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
Nystyle709
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? Empty
PostSubject: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:13 am

With society usually moving toward a liberal stance, do you think that parents who raise their children conservatively, traditionally, and who shelter them with from things that are contrary to that stance, are doing them a disservice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:46 am

Depends on what it is. I think there are some things that should be kept conservative and traditional, and there are some things that needs to be liberal. I think it's more of a disservice when parents don't raise their kids with any balance. Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to be 'all or nothing'.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:34 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
Depends on what it is. I think there are some things that should be kept conservative and traditional, and there are some things that needs to be liberal. I think it's more of a disservice when parents don't raise their kids with any balance. Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to be 'all or nothing'.

This.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:07 am

Chris wrote:
With society usually moving toward a liberal stance, do you think that parents who raise their children conservatively, traditionally, and who shelter them with from things that are contrary to that stance, are doing them a disservice?

lol What kind of logic is that? It's a disservice to raise your kids to go against the status quo? We gotta raise them to be sheep who follow the direction of the crowd and have no mind of their own?

And where do you get the idea that parents who raise their kids conservatively shelter them from things that are contrary to their stance? I know many conservative parents and NONE of their kids are sheltered from anything. If anything, I think the liberal parents shelter their kids from opposition at least as much, if not more, than conservative parents.

So no, raising kids conservatively is not doing kids a disservice. If the kids follow true conservative upbringing, they won't have problems like STD's or out-of-wedlock babies, or countless other problems that the liberal "anything you want is good" mentality produces. (If they rebel, then they'll probably get those things. But having bad things happen to you because you didn't adhere to warnings doesn't make the warnings wrong, it makes you stupid. If you crash cause you were driving triple the speed limit, don't blame the speed limit.)
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:33 am

If raising your children so that they're afraid to go out of the house in fear that they will encounter gays, lesbians and drunk illegal immigrant drivers, then yes, I think you're doing them a disservice.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:50 am

Well, ppl have the right to raise their kids with their own values
Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? Kkk-child-in-robe

Even if those values are fucked up. Hopefully the kid will discover and embrace more acceptable values when he grows up.

I, and my contemporaries were raised in a very conservative culture to which we rebelled when we came of age.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:00 pm

I think it depends. As my Mom says "Good manners never go out of style" but many Liberal parents seem to think that's a thing of the past. I'm speaking from my experiences in the school system, where there are many liberal parents. Let's just say that it's a shock when a child has manners and is respectful, rather than being a lippy, mouthy brat. Is being libral means tossing decency out thw window, I want no part of it. I can't countthe number of times little Johnny has been a smart-mouthef, obnoxious little bastard only to have his parents make excuses or brush it off as "that's just how kids are today". liberal parents have taught their kids that there aren't really any rules or consequences and that you are alays right.

Worked with a kid this past year with the maturity of a 4 year old. Mom coddled him and believed anything her lying son told her. He'd bully and insult other kids and then when they responded, go home and tattle to his mommy that they were pcking on him. She'd e-mail or call the school and his teacher and complain about how mean the other kids were and how socialization was part of his IEP (Individual Education Package). He got beat up one day but when we talked to the boys who did it, they said he kept calling them "mother f!@kers" and wouldn't stop. He also tattled to his Mom when it was his turn to be it, saying they always made him be it and wouldn't let him tag anyone. This kid was in grade 6 but acted like a pre-schooler. He was on a modified cirriculum, which meant he wasn't able to follow the regular one and everything had to be severely adapted or modified, but his behaviours had more to do with his Mom's coddle and liberal" parenting than his learning disabilities.

I prefer a balance, like Nystyle said. The pendalum has swung too far to the extreme, though I think it's swinging back as people are realizing that it's not okay for kids to be raised to think the world revolves around them and little Johnny can't get upset at all no matter what because it's not good for him.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:21 pm

^I don't think what you describe is particularly based on liberal vs conservative.

You will find rude ppl in either block.

I have experience on the road with outright uncaring rude ppl driving Mercedes & Beemers. It would be stereotypical to say that ALL such car owners are rude & uncaring when it is just all that I have experience with here in South Florida.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:01 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
If raising your children so that they're afraid to go out of the house in fear that they will encounter gays, lesbians and drunk illegal immigrant drivers, then yes, I think you're doing them a disservice.
Just like if you raise your kids to look down on people who believe in a higher power or if you raise them to think that everybody else is obligated to tell them that they are wonderful and give them free stuff, you're doing them a disservice. Wink
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:56 pm

I believe that this is the USA and parents have every right to guide their children any way they want. I don't think that they should teach "hate" but should inform their children on the differences and choices that people make. Years ago biracial couples were sinful and fornicating. Now it is common place and no one even takes a second look.

If a person teaches that someone practices "homosexuality" and that is a sin, then fine-- hate the sin. Do not hate the person for choosing to sin, because in the eyes of God we are all sinners--- right???? I feel the same about wiccans, muslims, etc. as gays.... don't hate someone for their Constitutional RIGHT to religion and don't hate someone for choosing a biracial relationship, or being homosexual. This is America---we are supposed to be diverse
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:06 am

It depends on how far they take it. If they can raise their children with a value system that has nothing to do with instilling how "wrong" contrary beliefs and lifestyles are, then so be it. But if they're raising them to be narrow-minded and critical or distrusting of people who don't fall in line with those same principals, or sheltered from things that conflict with their values, then yes it is a disservice.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:16 am

In this country a parent can teach their children that God's name is Jelly and Strawberry Jam will fall from the sky when Jelly is ready to take us all up is that is part of their religion. THEREFORE it is not for someone else to say whether someone has taken ANY POV too far, whether it be conservative, liberal, or JAM. LOL People need to worry about their own kids and maybe the world would be a better place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?   Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice? Empty

Back to top Go down

Parents raising their children conservatively, a disservice?
Page 1 of 1