Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money?

Go down 
+4
Nystyle709
Cheaps
wants2laugh
RedBedroom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money?   Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:11 am

I don't mean the type of "borrow" that is $20 because they forgot their wallet at the movies. But do you lend money when help is needed to pay a bill that approaches or exceeds a hundred or more?
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money?   Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:22 am

yep... had 3 life long friends borrow over $5000 between them... and got a total--- a total of $60 back.

From now on... only family! Dont care what their sob story is
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money?   Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:41 am

Yes, I think the most I've loaned is $200, and it was paid back. Most I've ever asked to borrow was $300. I paid that back too.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money?   Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:10 am

I do and I have. I will only lend if I'm getting it back. Don't give it back in a timely fashion....you're credit us dead with me.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money?   Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:53 am

I can only think of a few fleeting instances where I've been asked. Fortunately, I haven't had any issues about being paid back in a timely matter. Depending on who they are, how tight the friendship is, and what kind of dire straits they're in, I will help out a friend who is in a bind if I can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money?   Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:12 am

I have yes and in one or two instances have not been paid back by friends that were really down and out. I don't mind though I was just glad I was able to help. Family is a different story I am always willing to help family whether I get it back or not but I also will not be taken advantage of and I never have been.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money?   Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:57 pm

We've "loaned" one of my in-laws $1,500 dollars for a lawyer. We don't expect to get it back but we'd take it if they did.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money?   Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:24 pm

I have never loaned more than I could comfortably afford to lose. And I have lost a few hundred bucks that way - helping a family member out of a bad spot that they never seem to get out of.

Loaned my grandson's GF he was living with $500 so they could cover rent. Few months later they split up. I will never see that money. (hope my grandson knows that he is accountable next time he expects a gift from me).
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money?   Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:46 am

One of my funniest money stories is when my sis needed $5000 for bail. I put it up and told her to behave and stay out of trouble. Instead, she had a fight with her husband and got arrested for breaking the restraining order between them. Then she called me asking for ANOTHER $500--- which I told her no!

So her Boyfriend's Wife bailed her out of jail when she had gotten arrested for fighting with her husband---- is that some jerry springer shit or what??? LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money?   Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have friends/family who ask to borrow money?
Page 1 of 1