CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Do you think older siblings should have to babysit their younger bros and sisters?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Do you think older siblings should have to babysit their younger bros and sisters? Empty Do you think older siblings should have to babysit their younger bros and sisters?

Post by femme fatale Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:43 am

I can remember times when I couldn't go out with friends because my mom needed me to watch my siblings. And at the time I can remember fuming and muttering "I ain't have these damn kids. She shouldn't have had them if she wanted to go somewhere."

I mean, I guess every once in awhile is cool. But I've heard lots of stories about how kids had to run the household while their mother (or father) worked two to three jobs, etc. Some of them pretty much had to grow up before their time and were even robbed of their own childhood due to having to take on an adult role.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Do you think older siblings should have to babysit their younger bros and sisters? Empty Re: Do you think older siblings should have to babysit their younger bros and sisters?

Post by Cheaps Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:47 am

My oldest sister watched us when my ma had to work late.

My younger brother is 7 years younger than me, I really don't remember that many times when I was asked to watch him. Shrugs (Oh well…)

I guess it's ok, if it's not too often.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Do you think older siblings should have to babysit their younger bros and sisters? Empty Re: Do you think older siblings should have to babysit their younger bros and sisters?

Post by CeCe Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:06 am

Within reasonable limits. The older ones should help watch them but not end up taking on the role of parent. There needs to be some boundaries & limitations.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:03 am

I think family should always be willing to help out family, but at the same time, I can appreciate a teenager not always wanting to be stuck with the responsibility of sitting with a younger sibling; especially at the expense of doing something else in particular. I do think that parents should be willing to make arrangements to have someone else sit with the younger ones from time to time.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:16 am

Yes they should. When it comes to family everyone should pitch in and help out. I don't mean it should become a full time occupation but whenever necessary and no other arrangements can be made then older siblings should do it. Mine had to do it for me since I was the youngest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:33 am