How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?

Go down 
+8
Alan Smithee
Shale
AtownPeep
Supernova
Hyacinth Girl
CeCe
Cheaps
Chris
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? Empty
PostSubject: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:49 am

I have a co-worker with a heart murmur and needed corrective surgery. Doctors told him that if he didn't have it, his certain fate (death) was sealed. He is not a fan of hospitals and is leery of surgery, so he procrastinated. Everyone in his life attempted to coax him into going through with it sooner than later, but he wasn't budging. Finally his wife threatened to leave him if he didn't have the surgery immediately, so he did and it turned out well for him.

If a loved one of yours were in the same situation, would you issue a similar threat if they procrastinated on treatment?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:28 am

Yes, If their life was on the line.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:21 am

It just depends on the situation. In some cases people are just being stubborn over something silly. But if it's a terminal illness I have to respect the wishes of that person. I'd talk to them but ultimately it's their life & their choice.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:25 am

Usually it's my husband being a baby about going to the doctor, which he hasn't done in years, yet whines when he gets the smallest sniffle. I usually just tell him not to worry--he can ignore all his own healthcare stuff if he wants, because I've gotten his life insurance policy paid up, so I'll be all set if he kicks off.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:45 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:
Usually it's my husband being a baby about going to the doctor, which he hasn't done in years, yet whines when he gets the smallest sniffle. I usually just tell him not to worry--he can ignore all his own healthcare stuff if he wants, because I've gotten his life insurance policy paid up, so I'll be all set if he kicks off.

ROFLMAO! It definitely depends on the situation and I can understand people NOT wanting to go through with something; around here our doctors are not the most competent breed. My mother knew a man who had throat cancer and the doctor's idea for how to treat that was to wire his jaw shut and cut a hole into his neck, WHY he decided that, I don't think anybody ever found out.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:47 am

It's their life, but I wouldn't respect them being so reckless and depending on how much I cared about them would probably be upset by their choice.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:54 am

The OP had two issues.

One, a person should have the right to make his own medical decisions.
Two, he is not single, he is sharing his life with another person who should also have a say in the progress of their relationship. Perhaps she would sincerely prefer to be a divorcee instead of a widow but the point got across to the guy - kill yourself alone.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:07 pm

As others have said, it depends. I'm not going to divorce my wife because she won't quite smoking but you can bet your ass that if she doesn't stop if she's ever diagnosed with a smoking related illness, I'm dumping a bucket of water on her head every time I see her light up. She can leave me.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:10 pm

his life, his decision to handle it
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:19 pm

It would ultimately be their decision, but I would be about through with them if they decided to not go ahead with it. I don't know how much I could tolerate watching someone I cared about choose grim suffrage over possible wellness, simply because they have some hospital phobia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:34 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
As others have said, it depends. I'm not going to divorce my wife because she won't quite smoking but you can bet your ass that if she doesn't stop if she's ever diagnosed with a smoking related illness, I'm dumping a bucket of water on her head every time I see her light up. She can leave me.

LMAO! Sounds like a good idea to me, Alan!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:43 pm

I think I would yes.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
...I'm not going to divorce my wife because she won't quite smoking ...
That was one issue between me and my wife and the counselor thot it no big deal. It was to me.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:33 pm

I wouldn't like it, and if I have to threaten them to get treatment that will save their life, then I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?   How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment? Empty

Back to top Go down

How would you react to a loved one refusing medical treatment?
Page 1 of 1